SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

HAVE: Spring Swap & Iris Garden Tour, Southwest Dallas Co Area

sylviatexas1
18 years ago

Remember Bobbie Mason, "the eccentric I aspire to be", the one who tossed iris rhizomes instead of candy at spectators at a parade? (She came to the FW autumn swap at Trinity Park.)

Welllll, her extensive iris garden should be in full bloom by April 1, so she's hosting a combination Garden Tour/Garden Swap for us!

I've seen Bobbie's irises at the raggedy tail-end of the season, & they were gorgeous then; they'll be knock-outs in full swing!

The gardens are in Red Oak, just south of DeSoto off I-35E & Ovilla Road (about 6 miles south of I-20 & I-35E intersection).

Starts at 10 AM, goes til we all go home.

Same kind of set-up at at previous swaps, with the addition of a potluck luncheon (a practice I saw at another group's swap, it worked great):

Bring your plants, seeds, tools, garden art, books, magazines, pots, decorative items, anything you want to trade.

Pre-trading is a good way to be sure you can get something you really want, & encourages people to come.

Post lists of what you have, what you want, etc.

Spouses & children welcome.

Please leave pets at home (don't know about yours, but mine, even though they're usually well-behaved, would be sure to galumph through somebody's tender plantings!)

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting