SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bananimal

Duncan Mango looks sick

bananimal
16 years ago

Need to know what is happening with my Duncan mango. It appears to have stopped what appeared to be normal development. It was 4 1/2 ft tall and potted in a 5 gal pot when bought last October. Leaves shiny, looked healthy. It is in the ground for 6 months, every branch sprouted a panicle. Flowers dropped off leaving 6 fruit that I removed to promote tree growth.

Frome here on something's wrong. The panicle stems dried up and fell off. This is happening only with this new growth. Shouldn't new leaves have developed from these new stems???? To top it off, the tips of the original leaves are starting to turn brown. Can overwatering cause this -- and can someone please define overwatering for mango. Per the tag from Zill I ferted with 10-4-10 with minors at 1 level tablespoon per foot height once a month.

I have been growing bananas for 35 years but tropical fruit trees are new to me. Halp!

Lisa,

Bill (castorp) said you and others could help (Fla Garden forum/bananas and nematodes). If I am headed down a Mango dead end with this tree I want to replace it right away to get some strong summer growth going. I have only one location for a tree this size right now.

Dan, a.k.a. bananimal

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus