SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marozeckinj

holy cow - send a daylily

marozeckinj
18 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, givng, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recomendation. We'd love to have you!

Currently doing a Freedom Swap. Red, White, and Blue in name or color. 3 daylily minimum. Email Deb or post before July 11.

I'll get this rolling because I want to see more of your beautiful pictures!

Comments (100)

• veeja11
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi all, been busy with gardens and dog about to have pups. here is a pic of my fav lilly to bloomI am working on an album to post all my unknown daylillies in hopes of getting help on names

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Carol, lovely lily!
    I won't be around tomorrow so
    HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!

I'm enjoying all the pictures.

Yesterday was a day spent out in the hot sun digging up daylily crosses that did not meet my expectations. I need to make even more room, so I will have to narrow those expectations I guess. Also, I pulled a hollyhock, geranium, and some Babys Breath growing in the wrong spots.
    Of course I started the day with pollinating the daylilies, then the digging, and then all the watering. As I was cleaning up I noticed some water where it should not have been. 'What was going on?'
    Hubby started filling up the hot tub in the sunroom and forgot all about it. Yep, he flooded the room. Nothing lost other that a couple books and magazines sitting on the floor. But lots of extra work. He had the kids help him.
    After it was all cleaned up, I shocked him by jumping into the hot tub fully clothed . . . it was hot outside, but the hot tub was filled with COLD WATER from the hose. Burrr, but it FELT GREAT!

Sharon

• Related Discussions

Holy Cow! Philly in Drought Emergency Again!

Q

Comments (50)
    Well - here's an update about what's happening around our area. Apparently yet another media-ignored (I saw it today in a story from weather.com) Drought update occurred on December 19 for the state of Pennsylvania. Looks like the Drought Warning has been completely lifted and we skipped over Drought Watch back to "Normal". Here is the latest map and here is the latest press release. There are currently 13 out of 67 counties under "Drought Watch" (the lowest designation) and the rest of the state is "Normal". The past month has had quite a bit of precipitation, with weekly and sometimes twice-weekly Nor'easters, with plenty of rain, and of late, snow. I think that big snow of Dec. 5 seemed to cap it for the immediate 5-county area and this last storm, from Dec. 24 - 25, , although resulting in only a few inches of snow in SE PA, did give us quite a bit of rain during the peak of it. I think that in itself, may have been enough to possibly trigger a future "Normal" status for places like Delaware, Berks, and possibly as far west as Lancaster & York Counties. Even recent lake effects since the last declaration, might have helped in Erie, but we'll see. Will continue to monitor as the winter goes on.
    ...See More

Oh Holy Cow! Maryott's Lord of Riches bloomed!

Q

Comments (12)
    Jackie, Absolutely stunning flower! I can see why you are so excited! There aren't enough good things that can be said about Maryotts. I have been ordering from them for several years, and have not only never been disapointed in the plants that I have purchased, but have always been absolutely thrilled with the generous bonuses. I made my fall order late this year, so only have one scape coming up on mine... might get to see Volusian Spider if the weather holds. It will be thrilling if I don't have to wait until next year! Thank you for sharing your pics! Julie
    ...See More

traveling dayliliy group exchange & swap holy cow

Q

Comments (100)
    Oh Anita I am so sorry that you are having this problem. You have had so much to deal with this last year. We will put you on our prayer list. The baby has gotten so big and handsome! He must be Grandmas pride and joy. To everyone else HELLO! LOL Yes I am still alive and kicking. We are still fighting for our dear Miss Julie. It will be 1 yr on Sept the 12th that we have been a family and not one of us are willing to give that up! She is getting so very big. As well as more beautiful everyday! We go to court again on the 18th of this month. There are so many DRs appts its hard to keep it all going. School starts back on the 26th of Aug so I am hoping to get back to my much needed gardens. They seemed to have missed me as well. LOL I am very excited about being able to swap this month I have sooo missed it. Could some let me know how we are to pick our 2? The best thing about this Summer other than our dear Miss Julie is that I have lost 107 pds!! Can you believe it cause I sure cant!!! This has actually been since Feb. LOL So getting a little girl and joining the Y has been my salvation. Sorry I dont mean to brag but am going to anyway! I went to the DR yest and they didnt reconize me. He thought he had the wrong folder! It was fantastic!!! Its so hard for me to see, that its amazing when someone that dosent see me that often has that kind of reaction. I have a friend that is a member here and on another garden site that would like to join us she is a wonderful trader, gardener and friend. Pins2006 her name is Carmen Perrotta. I am sure some of you know her she is a very special person. A most generous trader. I would also like to Thank each and everyone of you for all the kindness and support you have shown Julie and I this past year and many more to come! Cathy If I could ever figure out how to post photos here I would share some new ones of Miss Julie.
    ...See More

Holy Cow! Vanity price quote came in for Strasser

Q

Comments (81)
    Well, I never think wood floors are a good choice for a bathroom, so I'd go with tile. However, my own prejudice is that woodgrain tile is something that will look dated in 10 to 15 years. Many people love it, but it seems overly popular, and there are a lot of other fads that looked terrific at the time that now are also dated. I keep a file of decorating ideas, and sometimes I'm shocked at what I thought looked really great 10 years ago. My own -- admittedly biased, curmudgeonly, and opinionated -- view is that something that looks like wood should be made out of wood, something that is made out of tile should look like tile, and something that is made out of Formica shouldn't look like denim. However, you should do whatever makes you happy. I'm just suggesting that choosing a tile that is clean and classic, and that doesn't necessarily match the wood floor, is worth considering.
    ...See More
  • tropsanddune
    18 years ago

k-i'm posting...
    Dennis never came near us. We did get a lot of thunder, and rain. Not like last year though, with all the winds and heavy flooding, and please, let's not forget Ally The Gator, who i am glad to say, is not around. but, "EARL" does show up once in a while.

I don't get to go outside like i would like---Mower is broken, and since it costs ½ of what it would cost new to get it fixed....
    Anyway, the kid next door came around, asking when i would be mowing MY weeds, bec they are getting tall and the snakes are out. Long story short, after about 20 min, he cons me into having HIM mow it-vice me going over to ask his dad to lend me their mower,(that is how i get my so called exercise for the summer-sweat and mow in sections all day and next... soo i had to write a IOU (the little brat actually had me sign it!!!)--"being neighborly",is what he's calling it. He is charging 20.00, said that if HIS dad mowed it, it would cost 40.---LOL---I COULD NOT PASS THAT GREAT DEAL....

Now, i have a yard w half my plants gone-- he weeded the suckers down, all the "junk" (plants that were potted, and were set on the ground sideways--i was expecting very heavy winds, per our weatherman) out of the way and nicely done yard--yes, he did a good job mowing. But, guess what!!! He re-set the mower wheels a little bit higher than usual, and y'all all know how fast weeds grow when there is a lil bit of rain.

I have to tell ya all that you have beautiful gardens and plants, the pics tell the story.

Have to thank our dear Joey for providing, in the first place, the TOAD LILY. Without him, this great plant would not be in my yard (the brat did not mow this one down), ya know why????? I have it potted up!!!

keep doing the great daylily swaps and trades ya'll. it is fun and keeps the spirits up. ...see ya......rm

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Shirley, I sent you two e-mails. One asking if you were interested and one with what I have to offer. You didn't get either? Let me know.

I have found that a lot of my daylilies that I got in trades last year were mistagged, not necessarily from here. But wanted to make sure that if anyone got anything from me that wasn't tagged right that they let me know so that I may fix it. I found one last week that was mistagged and I know that I traded it a couple times but I don't know with who.

Carol, I love that lily.

Anita, my first brug has a bud. The other two that i have just keep growing though. They are pretty large, when do they start to bloom? I am so excited to see them get going.

Debbie, I don't know how far you are away but that daylily farm is having a sale aug.5 and 6 I believe. Cindy, do you have any plans? LOL WEll worth a trip this way even if to only see Cindy's flowerbeds. They are awesome. Sherri

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

I GOT JULY DAYLILIES..I GOT JULY DAYLILIES...=)
    Great BIG daylilies..From Melissa..she sent
    July Gold
    Summer Picnic
    American Revolution..ya know I have one..but it just doesn't look that the pictures..so now we will see next year if it is or not...LOL
    Parade Queen
    and bonous of Marble Faun.
    Iris are on the way too..just didn't come with the daylilies.
    BIG HUG to Melissa
    One happy DIRTPIG

• User
    18 years ago

Okay, not the professional wedding pictures, but here are some the DJ took at Danny & Alicia's wedding. I can't figure out how to transfer the professional ones from the CD slideshow to my computer.

http://www.waverlysound.com/MAy_photos_2005-1.htm

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Shirley, I have sent you three e-mails now. Got the last one back. If you have any left to trade send me a line so that I can try to reply to it. Use my hotmail account address. onesherri@hotmail.com.

Figured I might as well share a pic while I was at it. :)

• budsnblooms
    18 years ago

I deleted the "Bonanza" picture that wasn't a Bonanza, so that is why you see the blank where the picture used to be.

RM..Glad you didn't get hit by Dennis. We were concerned.

Sherri...I doubt that I get to go to the sale, I am scheduled to have a heart cath July 28th. I had a stress test yesterday and failed it miserably. According to the results I have a problem. Dr. said there was a "dead spot" that wasn't getting oxygen or nutrition. The cath is to check this out and I guess any further needs will be determined then.

Some good news: 5 weeks without smoking. DH and I have been eating healthier, walking daily and trying to be more health conscious since he had open heart surgery in April.

Deni....How did your knee surgery go?

Gloria...Where and how are you?

Dirtpig...Great July Box.

I think Sherri has a great idea about posting pictures...I am worried too about mislabeled plants. If I traded a mislabled Bonanza or any other daylily or plant, please let me know, I will make it good. I have not seen many of mine bloom so if I traded something mislabeled, please believe that it was not intentional.

Has anyone heard from Cathy (catbirdsue)? I have had her on my mind a lot recently.

Please let me know if these daylilies are mislabled. Double click on the thumbnails to enlarge.

Debbie/buds

center>

{{gwi:1276432}}

{{gwi:1276434}}

{{gwi:1276437}}

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Oh Debbie, I hope that everything comes out ok for you. How scary. Congrats on the smoking. Wish I could say the same. I have only tried to quit a few times and failed miserably so I know what a challenge it is. Sherri

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Debbie, prayers are going up for you. I hope everything works out well for you. I guess you know what to expect since your DH just had this done but they sure can do a lot now. Take care and we hope to hear really soon that you are out and about and raising cain!

Nancy

• ellenh
    18 years ago

Hello everyone,

I know I've been quiet for a while. Congrats Deni! I thought I got it but I sent my email before I got yours. Yours was timestamped first :( I loved these clues - I guess cause they didn't make me feel totally clueless!

Debbie - good luck on the cat scan. Hope it's only a scare or an easy fix.

Everyone's been posting gorgeous daylilies. My older unnamed daylilies are in full glorious bloom. I think I fall in love with them every year.

Cindy, that first batch of daylilies that you traded with me last year all bloomed really beautifully. Other than stella, they were my first named ones! Gotta tell you though Joylene Nichole is my favorite of the batch! Pictures do not do it justice!

Here's my favorite of my unknowns - great color, just flowers and flowers, and huge showy flowers to boot.

{{gwi:1276439}}

Sherri & Cindy - I'm jealous of the fun you got to have!

Melissa - I've got Siloam Double Classic. Email me if you want to trade! Didn't I give you that one? You know my memory isn't what it used to be.

I've been really busy outside now that school's out. Got a couple of gardens started, actually got to weed some, repotted lots of stuff that was way overdue (by a year).

If anyone wants to know a good daylily seller on ebay, I know of one! I can get you some good deals! Check out Ellen650.

Has anyone heard from Susan in a while, or CatBirdSue??? Gloria - come on out from those piles of boxes and bulbs and say Hi!

Talk to you all Later!

Ellen

• marozeckinj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

debbie hope everything goes ok with your tests

ellen, yes it was from you. my dog ATE it, ate the whole thing, leaves and all. last year when she was so tiny it was cute when she went in the garden, now she digs and eats everything! She also likes to pull things out of the ground and drag them around until there is no saving them. Time for fences!It's not like they would have to be big she only weighs 5 lbs!

no kids this weekend so I am hoping to get some serious weeding done

MELISSA

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Melissa, I got those little garden fences for mine, very inexpensive. It doesn't keep them out but it gives them a boundary so that they know what I am talking about when I say no. To a dog, daylilies look like a field of long grass. :)
    Enjoy your kid free weekend. Relax a little too. Goes a long way.

You all won't believe what I found and where I am going today. My cousin called and said that she found a daylily farm right by her house. Only open friday and saturday so I must go today. :)

Anyone that sent me an e-mail in the last few days, I cannot read them. I changed my hotmail account to yahoo because hotmail wouldn't work. Now yahoo doesn't work and hotmail does. Go figure. So my working e-mail address at the moment is onesherri@hotmail.com.

Ellen, you will have to let me know how the daylily selling goes. Would love to try it but definately have to wait another year or two. Want to get the ones I have settled in and in big clumps before I let any go.

As it is, all of my neighbors are trying to buy them from me. So I think if I decide to sell, I will be off to a good start. Funny how this addiction rubs on everyone around you.

Debbie, I could only see one of those daylilies and it wasn't one I don't have so can't help ya there. :)

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Hi everyone
    I've taken a moment off from mowing to say HI! Sure has been a busy season. Things are really "browing out" now, due to the serious lack of rain. I was able to skip a few of my clients this week 'cause there was just no grass there to cut. It's been so hot & dry, but I'm not complaining. I love it. It would be nice to get a good rain, though.

Since no one's grass is growing, I've been doing alot of pruning & trimming. Nobody wants flower gardens this year. ??????????????
    I even have a client that wanted me to dig all of her flowers up and get rid of them. Guess where they ended up? You'll never catch me throwing any plants away, that's for sure.

Debbie, you've been on my mind and I hope all the news you get is good news. Please take care and know that prayers are coming your way.
    That's so great that you quit smoking. You've instantly added years to your life. Congratulations! You & DH definately sound like you are on the right track. Making all those changes not only benefits your health, but it makes you feel so good!

My DH is still doing excellent since his "life change" a few months ago. He's lost close to 40 lbs. in 4 mos.! He was wearing a size 40-42 jeans, and is now in a 34. He looks so good and is feeling great. I'm very proud.

Dianne, loved the pics from the wedding. You must have had a wonderful time. I want to see more pics of all the decorations and the happy couple.

RM, if I lived closer I'd come and mow for you! You know, I'm not cheap either, but I'd do yours for free just 'cause it's YOU! But only if you keep them gators at bay, lol.
    Glad you didn't get hit hard by the storm. : )

Sherri & Cindy, sounds like you guys had a great time. How cool!

Belated birthdays to Mary & Cindy. So sorry I missed your special days. Hope you had a wonderful day.

And Carol, Happy Birthday to you yesterday!! Hope your day was special!

I've been enjoying everybody's pics. Keep 'em coming.

Melissa, hope you're getting all your weeds pulled, lol. I am forever weeding. My MIL has the cutest "FREE WEEDS" sign in her garden. I must make one for myself.

Canna, how are you & family? What's been keeping you busy lately? How's your website? Tell Doug that Steelers Training Camp starts July 31st. It is held at St. Vincent College, which is only a few miles from where I live.

Sharon, sorry to hear about your hot tub incident. That is something that would have happened at my house for sure. Glad the damage was minimal. I'd love to have a hot tub. Did you just get it?

MamaG, how are sales? And how are your gardens? Miss hearing your stories.

Anita, did you get the registration form figured out? How's baby David? I'll bet you have some nice pictures from your beautiful gardens that you could share with us. : )

Ellen, what ever happened with your greenhouse? Did you get a new one built?

Can someone tell me how to do thumbnails with Photobucket? I can't seem to find the option. I don't want to clog up all the dial-uppers. : )

Here are some of my recent pics:

H. 'Tuscawilla Tigress'
    I just love her.

Here is one of my part shade gardens. Notice the Ligularia tussilaginea 'Kagami Jishi' growing in the old coffee pot. That's one I brought back from PDN in N.C.

I can't remember the name of this orange lily. I will have to look up the tag. It is growing amongst Verbena Bonarensis, Lamb's Ear, & Obedient Plant. If you've never grown Verbena Bonarensis, try it. It is such a great plant.

Here are the gardens around the pool. Yikes! There is very little green left in my grass.

And last but not least, my new favorite Daylily. I got this one from Shirley.....thanks so much!!!! I had no idea what it was going to look like. Just gorgeous!
    H. 'Rosy Wren'

Well, as usual, I've got tons to do. I hope all of you have a great weekend. Please everybody, check in so we know you are all okay.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• namso
    18 years ago

It's raining here so I get a break to catch up! hasn't rained for a month now...ground is now cracking open. hope it continues for a week but feels more like a quick storm coming through....

Sherri trip ....we had a blast! Just a little to add.... Wish I had had a camera. The pic I wanted most was Sherri in the workhorse coming back in from the dig. She had the biggest smile on her face....the kind only a true addict gets on a big fix lol and was surrounded by dls from the back of the cart. I asked her if she had fun....and recieved only a gutteral reply WE ARE NOT DONE YET. off she went again...:)....kept waiting for her head to spin around like in the exorcist...too funny.
    Sherri is just a joy to be around and I had a great day. Plus I got a ton of daylilies as the farms owner, Mitch Lynd, liked her too. Mitch is a fellow club member and a salt of the earth kind of guy. His main buisness is actually an orchard and i used to go there to pick apples there 2o years ago, but has branched into dl's. My only regret is I did not get to dig really anything for Sherri. Was getting dark and I had forgot to feed her all darn day long too....
    Must mean you have to come back Sherri :).

Other ones I picked up were Leonard Sauter, Beyond the Blue, and Cluster Muster..

Mary & Cindylu -!happy belated birthday! Cindylu must be you, not me...unless anyone is sending presents.....:).

Ellen, nice to see you posting :) and so glad you like the dl's. Beautiful unknown...looks like a Munson. Check into some of his if you like this style...I haven't yet met one I don't like. Beautiful and great plants too.

Sharon - too cool on the the clothed COLD hottub jump.

Melissa...have you tried bitterapple? sells cheap in the dog supply store. Even though it washed off outside, my dogs wouldn;t go near anything that had ever been sprayed with it esp if they tasted it. Saved my furniture and plants when they were young.

Debbie...will keep you in prayers here too. Keep us posted on how you are doing. & thankyou again.

Love the pics all. Dawn, love that lily!

Cindy O/namso

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Dawn- Yep that's rosy wren. I like it too. Has last flight out bloomed yet? I love that daylily too. I love the picture of your plants around the pool.

Dirtpig - Nice daylilies and more to come (irises).

Angie - Did you get the job? I'm still checking out your daylily list will be emailing you shortly.

Sherri - I will try your hotmail e-mail shortly. My e-mail is flowerlover1@verizon.net

Shirley

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Morning everyone

Hi Shirley! No, 'Last Flight Out' hasn't bloomed yet. I checked on it yesterday. It is growing nicely though. Can't wait to see it.

Angie, forgot to ask you yesterday about the job. Any word?

Well, another busy day on tap. I need to get out and water first. There is a small chance of storms again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Here are a few more pics of things growing in my gardens...

H. 'Nigrette'

H. 'Double Dream'

Rudbeckia 'Prairie Sun'

Fuchsia 'Green 'n' Gold'

I hope everyone has time today to gaze at their gardens. We can be so busy at times working, weeding, or whatever, and forget to just sit a spell and enjoy.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday Carol..Hope your having a GREAT weekend.
    Love the pictures all..So nice to see what everyone is growning and great for ideas..=)
    Has anyone else gotten thier July box yet?
    Oh Debbie I hope all goes well..will keep in my prayers.
    Some pictures for you all.
    Some lilies and yes they are named just don't rmember...LOL

And don't ya just love the pink fluffy stuff..=)This stuff grows like a week.But I just love the blooms

This is Chosen Love

This was suppost to be My Way..but it doesn't look like the pictures..Darn,it was one of last years co-op from you know where..It must REDDER then the pituce..

One more Pandor's Box..so pretty

Jean

• marozeckinj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

jean i love that pink fluffy stuff!
    dawn that rudbeckia is gorgeous
    its pouring here so not getting any weeding done, oh well

• namso
    18 years ago

Good morning all...
    knew i missed some things...

Carol, so sorry...Happy Belated Birthday to you! Hope you had a great one.

Sherri, hope you had a great time. Can you swing me an email so i can reply...got the info on the bus trip next sat.

Debbie or anyone else ever traveling...I am 15 min N of Columbus beltway if anyone ever coming through this way :).

Shirley, ooh would have like in on a few of those. alas out of bed room here at the moment....:(...rubarb plants were dug out to fit the last ones in :(.

Dawn....beautiful rudbeckia! love the birdbath too.

Jean...always love your pics. such color combinations!

Cindy O/namso

• onesherri
    18 years ago

WEll Cindy, thought maybe we would have a place to go when you came here but that display garden was awful about digging plants. Not only were they expensive, they were afraid to give you anything. I ended up having to have her redig the first one that she dug because there were hardly any roots on it. They would dig you one big fan and one tiny fan. If she dug a double fan, she broke it and put one fan back and looked for a smaller one. I was shocked. So more than likely, I won't shop there again. I could have drove another half hour to Cindys and got a clump for the price they charged for a single to double fan.

Jean, is that Queen of prairie? Really tall? I have a clump of it and it has stayed in its clump for all the years I have had it. One of my favorite flowers, love the foliage as much as the flowers.

Dawn, love that double dream. She is quite a beauty when she is in full double form. Your weather must be like mine this year. Half of my double aren't big and fluffy. Sherri

• marybz5ny
    18 years ago

Good Morning everyone,
    Stopping in for a quick hi and to catch up. Had a busy weekend - 2 birthday parties and a bridal shower. For once I was looking forward to Monday coming! We finally had a decent rain on Saturday and that was REALLY NICE! We could use about a week of it though! Just like everyone else, it has been too HOT and DRY here.

A big welcome to our newest member Sherry (msbernard). Marea always knows how to pick 'em.

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to Mary, Carol and Cindy Lu.

I had a great time at Jo's plant swap. It was so nice to finally meet Jo and Anita. Jo's whole family was so nice and accomodating. Ellen, we missed you!

Jo, hope all is going okay and that your back is feeling better.

Sherri and Cindy, sounds like the two of you had a blast! I am so jealous! I would LOVE to visit Cindy's gardens during daylily blooming time. I know she has lots of beauties. Oh well, maybe one of these years. I know you're not TOO far from me,Cindy. And you know I would come bearing hostas. Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard when I read about you driving over your newly purchased hostas (testing for hardiness). You know, they probably will be fine as long as the crown was not too mashed up.

I'm loving all the pictures everyone is posting (although alot now at the end of this post are just red x's.)

Angie, can I be first in line for a fan of 'Zambia' when it's ready to trade, please??? Just gorgeous!

Veeja,I don't know if you're looking for an ID on your favorite lily, but that looks EXACTLY like my orienpet 'Silk Road'. Mine is blooming right now also. It's been in either 2 or 3 years now and is over 5' tall this year with probably about 25 buds. One of my favorites too!

Debbie, congratulations on quitting smoking. It has been 12 years for me now. I know it is such a hard thing to do, but when you know you've finally beaten it, it is such a great feeling.

Shirley, will be looking at 2nd list today and emailing you. Have not had a chance this weekend with all that was going on.

Hubby and I are off to a Springsteen concert tonight. Should be lots of fun. Any other Bruce fans here?

Well, time to get a move on and get something done today. Wish it would rain again and cool down!
    MaryB

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Mary, if you ever make your way to Cindy's let me know. I would love to meet you there. She is a ton of laughs and if she grows it, it has been tested for hardiness. :) I had an awesome time there. Can't wait to go back.

Cindy, you can't possibly out of room. Never thought I would hear that one. Have to come dig you a new bed. :) WE must have posted at the same time this morning. Hope you got my e-mail but will send another just in case. I have more trouble with e-mail than anyone I know. Sherri

• lmturner
    18 years ago

Dawn (mamabirrd),
    I have been watching this thread for a month and enjoy everyones photos.
    I hope in the near future to be able to exchange some 'Pandora Box' daylilies.

I did a seed round robin in the Spring with Deni.

Anyway, Dawn, I would like to know where you purchased the sign, 'Don't look---Birds Bathing'. It is adorable. Thanks, Linda

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Couldn't sleep this morning, so I thought I would post this pic of Linda Daniels. This is it's first year for me and I'm just loving it. Love the double edge. Only got a couple blooms so far though.

Linda Daniels

Now I really do have to get ready for work.
    Sharon

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

hi ladies,

love the pics, love the lilies.

quick question for the hostess. is this a select closed group of traders, or can anyone join?

Please let me know.

thanks,
    earthly

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

Hello All,

Just looking to see if anyone in our group has the hosta Green Piecrust..if so ya want to trade..look at my trade list and me know please..My Green Piecrust didn't make this year..the butt..Oh and please pick three or four things..cause alot on my trade list isn't really for trade..ya know how that goes..and some I have lost..I really need to up date ..

Yup thats Queen of the Prairie..I wished it stayed in a clump..mine just runs all over..I pull tons out in the spring and compost it..NO throwing rocks now..LOL..In bloom it gets about 5' to 6' tall..Just love the blooms.

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Hi everybody

I know it's past my bedtime, but I just wanted to stop in and say hello before I leave. DH and I are going away for a few days for some R&R. Leaving tomorrow morning. I am so excited to be off for a few days. My body needs rest.

We are going back out to Gettysburg on the motorcycle. We plan to hike the battlefields and pay our respects.
    Of course we will do some shopping too, lol. Lots of neat stuff to see out there.

Saturday is our 11th wedding anniversary. Wow, that's 1/3 of my life. He's just the best and I'm a very lucky girl.

I love all the pictures. Dirtpig, you really do have an eye for color. I'm very impressed with all your combinations.

And Sharon, 'Linda D.' is awesome!

Speaking of Linda.........Hi Linda! I got my birds bathing sign and a local perennial nursery. I will be going back there in the coming weeks and will check to see if they have any left if you'd like. LMK : )

MaryB, nice to hear from you.

And last but not least, welcome Sherry! I'm sure you will enjoy being a Traveling Daylily. We do lots of great swaps. Please tell us about yourself.

Well, I have to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Talk to y'all when we get home.

Have a good week,

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Sharon - Shame on you for posting that Daylily 'Linda Daniels'. I swore not to go back to the daylily farm again this year. (I may have to go and see if they have that one). Saving my money for a trip to Cape Cod (New England) in September. A life long dream for me. Whew also like that Double Dream. I have really been into spiders and doubles lately.

Angie - I sent you an e-mail hope you got it.

Cindy - I have never seen such a long list of daylilies, no wonder you are out of room. Love all the spacecoast daylilies you have. Wish I had something to interest you.
    I have two now spacecoast starburst and cool deal. Cool deal is my favorite so far. I traded Cathy (catbirdsue)for it last year. By the way Cathy where are you? Hope everything is OK.

It came another monsonn rainstorm this afternoon. WE DON"T NEED ANYMORE RAIN. If it were not for all these mountains and hills we would probably be in rain boots now. It does run off fairly well.

Debbie - Hope you are still hangin in there with the cigarettes. My husband smokes and cannot give them up. I tell him he has no will power but he says I don't understand that it's really hard. I hope everything goes well on the 28th.

MaryB - Will we ever find a box big enough for our plant trade? I will have to take a day off just to plant all of them. Loving it though.

Shirley

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Jean, that Queen of prairie has been a hot trade item for me. You should try posting it in the spring for trade. Mine has never spread that much, still in a nice clump.

Welcome aboard Sherry, love your name. :)

Dawn, congrats on your anniversary. Sounds like fun. Sherri

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Hi RM, Joey, Gloria, Dianne, Dawn, Susan, Mary B, Jo, Janet, Marea, Sharon, Sherri, Gay, Rebecca, Mary S, Cindy S, Cody, Carol, Debbie, Deni, Jean, Becky, Cathy, Cindy O, Angie, Melissa, Nancy, Shirley, Ellen, Jaye, & I see we had added Sherry 'msbernard'

Happy belated Birthday---Cindy S, Cody & Carol.

Love all the pic's, I will post more as soon as I get time,

Dawn,
    No, I have not taken the time yet to send in the registration, I will but I am sure it wont be till after the wedding in August, Tell your DH WAY TO GO!!!! I only wish my DH was in a 34 again:) Congrats on your anniversary, Wait till it has been 20 years :) My sister said your yellow peony is going to bloom for you next year:)

Ellen,
    Hay that Ellen650 has some I need to add to my garden, I am one set of eyes on some:)

Shirley,
    I could use some of that rain again, send it my way. I am working on what Dl's & Iris to send to you, it will be before the 30th, I sure wish I would have had time to read the post & see the list you offered I would have loved some of them babies.

Jean,
    My Queen runs too, wonder if it comes in a clump form & a running form? I have My Ways on my link, not sure what boo it is in, it is not one that impresses me much. Thanks on the Daveo Holmon, I did not think it should have been red, I E-mailed the company I got it from & sent them a PIC, she told me it is Christmas Is, & will be sending the correct one in September.

Sharon,
    LOVE THAT Linda D, WOW!!!!! Can you please post your Etched Eyes & Mask of time, they are 2 of the ones you sent me 2 years ago, but for some reason I did not get the tags on them before your tags faded, I would love to tag them in my garden. PINK WAIKIKI Daylily I have never even heard of it till you this morning:)

Sherri,
    Brugs bloom at different times, I have had blooms for about 2 weeks, would be longer but I have really slacked on the miracle grow this year.

Carol,
    Do you know the name of that lily you posted on the 13th? Is it an Asiatic? I really like that one, I need to get some trumpet lilies for my garden also.

Mary B,
    Not a fan, but hope you & DH enjoyed your concert, I got to see Alauqua (sp)bloom:) Thank you again.

RM,
    & you let the kid live?????? Of I don't even want to think of what I would have done to him, had he mowed my flowers over.

Debbie,
    Hope you are doing well. I so want to give my cancer sticks up, I need some will power first.

I will leave you all with todays blooms & I am taking Dawns advice & going back out to gaze a bit:)Anita
    {{gwi:1276461}}{{gwi:1276463}}
    Sorry not the best, I shot them from my porch:(

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

Hey Anita..nice to see you posting..love the pictue of the garden.Glad I could help on Daveo..cool that the company is replaceings it with the right one.Still don't know about My Way,mine should doesn't look like yours..anyone else out there with this daylily??

Got one more ??? for today..does anyone have pictures of May May,Marcia Fay and Swanky Dame???I've looked on the net..but the picture of Marcia Fay and Swanky Dame look alittle to much alittle..Would like picute out of someones garden that haven't been doctored in anyway..

RM are you OK..lots of bad weather your way..

Have fun playing in the dirt all,
    Jean

MamaBear ..come out and play.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Hi all, I think the lilly is silk road. If Earthly asks to join us, I would like to reccommend her as a wonderfull lady and fine honerable trader.I am trying to make an album of my un named daylillies, in hopes of getting some help with names, so I will have more to trade. I am awaiting my dogs puppies, she is super fat but won't have them. so i am a bit frustrated. happy blooms all

• luvmybulbs
    18 years ago

Hi guys and gals, it has been a while! It was over 100 today. My plants look horrible. I went out of town and came back and everything looks half dead. I only had one daylily blooming this evening :o( We still are having a drought even though it did rain 1 day last week.

Tomorrow is my big job interview!!!!

I will be getting July trade out next week.

If you have emailed me and I have not responded, sorry, I have over 100 messages and have not got through them.

My little guy turns 3 Friday and we are having his party Sunday, so I will be busy with that the next couple of days.

Shirley I did email you.

Well everyone take care. Love the pictures as usual.

Oh-2 differnt phlox have bloomed so far, the David and Flamingo

And anyone who bought Lily's from me please send me pictures if you have them.

Take care
    Angie

• marozeckinj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

anita....nice garden! absolutely gorgeous
    happy belated birthday to all
    so hot and humid here I am ready to mail myself to dirtpig with the irises (which I haven't mailed yet because it's just too dang hot!)
    extra hours at work this week and boys off to virginia saturday for the big jamboree they are so excited! I am going down on a bus trip next Sunday to see them. Is anyone close enough to Fort AP Hill to get any newspaper coverage, if so I would love to see the papers
    well off to work again
    MELISSA

• lmturner
    18 years ago

Dawn (mamabirrd), Yes, i would be interested in purchasing one. Are they very expensive? Thanks for your interest in looking for one. Linda

• mary_s
    18 years ago

Hello everyone! Its been awhile since I posted so will try to do a few pictures tonight. Here is one for Dawn-Mamabird...
    Look what I found in my hostas! Its a baby robin!

Here is Daylily Magic Dawn

Here is DaylilyBig Smile

I am enjoying all of your pictures!The daylilies are blooming like crazy in this heat!
    Now that i have figured out which code to use I may be posting more pics
    I am sorry I missed the July swap! Between internet trouble for a few days, being gone and just being too busy, I missed it!
    Welcome to the newest daylily angel! I am missing some of the "old timers"...where are you all? MaryS

• marozeckinj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

i got my july box today!!!! I SO needed something nice today, thank you first of all jean aka dirtpig for making my day! Here is what I got (most were bigger clumps than anything I have in my garden):
    White Triangle
    Blueberry Candy
    Thirteen Colonies
    Pray for Peace
    and a bonus Stop Sign

I am off to see what these look like. Jean I think I will definately be reordering from them also! If anyone is looking for a good daylily recommendation let me know. Jean and I both ended up buying from the same place and I know I am thrilled with the size and the price!

Thank you again for making my day! I will have irises out as soon as everything in my yard looks less droopy. I have been watering twice a day but it is sooo hot and no rain :(

MELISSA

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

Melissa :-)..see I told you...big nice clumps..I can't believe how nice they are and for the $$$$..The clumps were so nice I shared with my sister-in-law.I just couldn't help myself..hehehe

I will be getting iris out soon..will let you know when I do..

Hello Mary..what a great picture of the baby robin..and Big Smile..OH Lala..nice

Hugs to all
    Jean
    Hugs to all

• marozeckinj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

an unknown

{{gwi:1276471}}

yellow mammoth (from ellen in the last trade)

{{gwi:1276472}}
    this is the bonus clump from "that place" they are all huge

{{gwi:1276475}}

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Jean/dirtpig, here is a pic of my MY Ways taken this season. This is it's first time to bloom for me so it may get better but I liked it.

I love all the pics you are showing. That Linda Daniels is magnificient!

Anita, your garden looks terrific. I wish I had the talent to mix things together like the rest of you do.

I'd also like to recommend EarthlyDelights. I just finished a trade with her and she sent some very nice, healthy plants and she's a nice person to boot. ;-)

Mary s your baby bird is so cute. I just love them. We usually have a nest in my clothes pin bag every year.

Melissa your unknown is really pretty.

Dawn, have fun on your trip!

Angie, don't forget the noisemakers at that birthday party! That will be the most fun part. *evil grin*

I hope everyone has a great weekend! We finally got a 2" rain yesterday. Everything was just about burnt up and today it was 103 with 80% humidity so you know where I am and tomorrow and Sunday will be more of the same. You'd think it would cook the grass and weeds in the beds but no, only the grass in the lawn dies! lol

Nancy

• mareas
    18 years ago

Hey, everyone! Sorry for time lag, but want to report that Gloria & I were partners for the July swap and we both got great boxes! I got a triple fan of True Blue Heart and G. recieved American Revolution, Creme de la Creme, Prairie Blue Eyes, Derby Bound and Red Hot Poker plant...

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Good Morning Everyone, Just filling this old thread, :)Anita

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Hi Anita,

You caught my eye! I had to see what was posted on the old thread. Hey, you daylilies will be going out today, so keep an eye on them.

Sharon

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Filllllllling up:)

• mareas
    18 years ago

Sorry, everybody, about starting the new thread before we finished this one - I searched and searched for this on Saturday & finally just decieded that somebody needed to start a new one so I could see more of your photos...
    Here is Star Struck - I wish I could catch the colors - it looks like a lemon meringue pie with its white ruffles and gold/yellow center - this is a keeper. Thank you again, dear Traveling Daylily (who was it??) for sending it to me! marea

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Oh, yea, we are going to fill this thread up!

Here is a picture of my Fanfare Galardia (spelling?) babies.
    So far I'm in love with all three colors. Traded for the seeds last year. I guess it is ok to post a big pic now that it is at the end of the thread. These plants are tiny. I hope they make it through the winter.

{{gwi:1276480}}

• marozeckinj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

bump

• mareas
    18 years ago

Bump? Melissa!!!
    Here is my bad photo of 'Route Sixty Six" - one of the gorgeous daylilies you sent me in our swap last August:

~m'

• mareas
    18 years ago

{{gwi:1276484}}