SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
owensgirl

She's Here!

owensgirl
17 years ago

Actually, she's been here for almost 2 weeks, but you know how that goes...

Lily Catherine Alaniz was born 8/7/06 at 10:17pm weighing 7lbs 6.8oz and 20.5in long. (we were induced @ 4:30am, so it was a long day!)

She has a full head of brown hair and perfect bow lips, no baby acne, and beautiful light olive skin (which I would trade my right arm to have- I get tired of my prone to burn Irish complexion!) I my not be an impartial judge, but she is one cute baby!

Labor and recovery were good, I expected to feel like I'd been beaten with 2x4s afterwards, but I feel great. It took me about a week and a half to feel back to my normal self. I even chased down my dog the other day when she took off after the neighbor's cat (don't worry, I wasn't holding the baby at the time!) Being able to sprint full out less than 2 weeks after having a baby is a nice suprise!

I don't know how many friends I have who said right after delivery that they are never going to have another child because the experience was so bad. But we hadn't even been moved to the recovery room yet when I turned to my husband and told him that was totally worth it and how I can't wait to do it again. Well, I can wait- we'll try again in about 2-3 years, but you know what I mean.

She is usually up @ 2am and 4am, so you might see me around at some odd times of the night-I need something to do besides watch terrible late night TV!

Wish me luck on my further adventures in motherhood!

(here is how great my friends and family have been-they have been bringing us food and volunteering to water my plants- how great is that!)

Comment (1)