SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

dawn's june special person of the month

earthlydelights
18 years ago

Well, my time has come to an official end. Thank you to all that participated, it was so much fun.

Sorry I am posting a day late, got stuck away for an extra day/night and then came home to hell.

Now on to the June SPOTM. This is the way we do things in our house when there is more than one item/idea/person to choose from. It might seem silly, but it works here and has been settling disputes, making decisions like these, etc., for many years.

Anyway I chose as many different dog treats from the "cookie" jar as there are players. Each different treat represented a different player and they were laid out in a line about a foot apart and then let the dog "pick". She doesnÂt "chow" down, she sniffs around when given choices!

So beggin strip is our lucky player of the month. Chew-riffic is our second runner up, in the event beggin strip cannot fulfill her "monthly duties" LOL

Congratulations DaWiff (Alison) for being DAWNÂS SPECIAL PERSON OF THE MONTH for June.

I know you are going to love this swap. It truly was a lot of fun! I personally look forward to putting your package together!

Comments (44)

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Congratulations Allison, you are one of the good players and deserve it. I can't wait to go shopping for you. have you posted a wish list?congratulations

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Alison, where oh where are you? So excited you can't type?

• Related Discussions

NEW: Dawn's special person for March - Debbie !!

Q

Comments (48)
    I got a wonderful package from Luna Moon today. She sent me garden gloves, something I can always use. Peat pots for starting seeds, which she also sent several packages of. I love getting seeds & several of those were on my wanted list so I'm really excited about those. A pretty angel on a stake pot or garden marker. She is so pretty I'm using her on a pot indoors, where I will see her more often. Some wonderful smelling soothing bath salts. I can't wait to use those. A yummy chocolate bunny & jelly belly beans. A beautiful BIG tea cup & saucer with the prettiest purple iris on it. Not sure exactly what it is but I'm going to use it for a candle holder since I have one bedroon decorated in purple. I think it can be used as a small planter or bird feeder also. Thank you so much for your nice gifts. You got my week off to a great start.
    ...See More

UPDATE: Dawn's special person of the month Earthly

Q

Comments (49)
    Janell (Luna Moon) What a wonderful box I received today. First and foremost, the stationary that you wrote your note on is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. I especially love the fact that you left the envelope blank and I can reuse it. I'm such a recycling type of person. When my kitchen was being redone, I heard my brother tell the counter-cutting guy to hurry up and get the piece they cut out for the sink out of the house before the "scavenger" saw it. HA HA HA, not only did I hear him, I saw it and said "this is perfect for rolling dough on". I still use it to this day! Okay, back to the box. I missed the weekend so I had spent a good five hours outside cleaning up, weeding, planting, watering and all that fun stuff. When quitting time came, I turned on the bath water and was deciding what to soak in. Just then the mailman(lady) knocked with packages. Lo and behold, inside the box was a box of batherapy natural mineral bath soak to "bathe away the aches and pains". So I gladly added it to the tub. Talk about perfect timing! I smell pretty good now too! LOL There was also a box of assorted gourmet caramels. Y U M M Y !. They sit close by on the printer table "just for me". Of course, I had to try one of each flavor and they are quite delicious. There is the most adorable glass and copper butterfly garden stake. It's so adorable and flapping wings to boot. It's really neat too, it can be used for either a house plant or in the garden as the pick portion of it is retractable....DID YOU MAKE THIS????? The next thing was a purple magic daylily. This is a wonderful addition to add to my daylily collection ~~ can't wait to see this one bloom. There were also a dozen stunning vibrant red gladiola corms. I had just planted some glads earlier today, but none this color. Wow, I'm going to be in glad heaven. If all turns out well, we will have some gorgeous flowers for my nephew's september wedding. Also included in the box is a bottle of toasted coconut hand lotion and some wonderful flower stickers to decorate cards, boxes, envelopes. Of course, being the "little kid" that I am when it comes to stickers; I couldn't help but put a few on my computer monitor frame. Wow, my May ended in a bang. What a wonderful assortment of goodies. I love everything. Thanks so much Luna for all the kindness you sent my way in putting together such a fantastic box. Everything you sent is perfect for me and I appreciate it all so much. A perfect ending to a perfect month if I do say so myself. Thanks so much for thinking of me
    ...See More

UPDATE: Beth's 12 Month seed swap for June

Q

Comments (42)
    Hi I didn't forget ya Carol. It's your birthday next month just 4 days after mine and I had ordered something special for you as a surprise to send with this package... supposed to be delivered on 06/28.... STILL not here. I went ahead and sent your seeds on the 28th after the mail ran so it's on the way... however when you this finally arrives.. and you just receive something from me next month after this... it's your BIRTHDAY surprise and not the reg. seeds. Cassie
    ...See More

update: part 2 obf june's special friend swap

Q

Comments (72)
    Shirley - #1 Sheri's box -( Sherri sent/ Shirley received). Sheri - #12 Susan's box - (Susan sent/Sheri received) Jayeanne - #10 Shirley's box (Shirley sent/Jayeanne received)) Nikki - #7 Sharon's box (Sharon sent/Nikki received) Erica - #8 Jasmine's box - (Jasmine sent/Erica received) Sharon - #9 Beth's box - (Beth sent/Sharon received)) Jasmine - #5 Jayeanne's box (Jayeanne sent/Jasmine rec) Laura - #11 Suzanne's box (Suzanne sent/Laura received)) Suzanne - #3 Carol's box (Carol sent/Suzanne received) Beth - #4 Erica's box (Erica sent/Beth received)) Susan - #2 Nikki's box (Nikki sent) Carol - #6 Laura's box (Laura sent) Almost finished with this swap..sure hope Carol's box arrives. Sharon thank you, I enjoyed it. Shirley
    ...See More
  • earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Janell (Luna Moon)

What a wonderful box I received today.

First and foremost, the stationary that you wrote your note on is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. I especially love the fact that you left the envelope blank and I can reuse it. I'm such a recycling type of person. When my kitchen was being redone, I heard my brother tell the counter-cutting guy to hurry up and get the piece they cut out for the sink out of the house before the "scavenger" saw it. HA HA HA, not only did I hear him, I saw it and said "this is perfect for rolling dough on". I still use it to this day!

Okay, back to the box. I missed the weekend so I had spent a good five hours outside cleaning up, weeding, planting, watering and all that fun stuff. When quitting time came, I turned on the bath water and was deciding what to soak in. Just then the mailman(lady) knocked with packages. Lo and behold, inside the box was a box of batherapy natural mineral bath soak to "bathe away the aches and pains". So I gladly added it to the tub. Talk about perfect timing! I smell pretty good now too! LOL

There was also a box of assorted gourmet caramels.
    Y U M M Y !. They sit close by on the printer table "just for me". Of course, I had to try one of each flavor and they are quite delicious.

There is the most adorable glass and copper butterfly garden stake. It's so adorable and flapping wings to boot. It's really neat too, it can be used for either a house plant or in the garden as the pick portion of it is retractable....DID YOU MAKE THIS?????

The next thing was a purple magic daylily. This is a wonderful addition to add to my daylily collection ~~ can't wait to see this one bloom. There were also a dozen stunning vibrant red gladiola corms. I had just planted some glads earlier today, but none this color. Wow, I'm going to be in glad heaven. If all turns out well, we will have some gorgeous flowers for my nephew's september wedding.

Also included in the box is a bottle of toasted coconut hand lotion and some wonderful flower stickers to decorate cards, boxes, envelopes. Of course, being the "little kid" that I am when it comes to stickers; I couldn't help but put a few on my computer monitor frame.

Wow, my May ended in a bang. What a wonderful assortment of goodies. I love everything.

Thanks so much Luna for all the kindness you sent my way in putting together such a fantastic box. Everything you sent is perfect for me and I appreciate it all so much. A perfect ending to a perfect month if I do say so myself.

Thanks so much for thinking of me

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

sorry, i meant to post this in my month, and i'll do that now. sorry, sorry, sorry, but this is the thread i found first and i hit the "submit" button a little to anxiously.

• dawiff
    18 years ago

OMG! OMG! OMG!

I went away for Memorial Day weekend to visit my DS who lives in Philadelphia! And when I got back there was email from Earthly saying that I had been chosen!

I am just thrilled! What a great surprise! Sorry I have not been online for the last four days, so I did not know!

Well, I am really looking forward to the month of June!

Thanks!

Alison

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

it is exciting, isn't it? and you'll just love it when the mailman/lady comes a knocking!

i'm working on your box right now.

wow, i can't believe you were so close to my neck of the woods over the weekend...what part of the city does your son live in?

i spent the weekend up the mountains, which i love, and was a day late in posting the next lucky player. glad to see no one else's dog played in my baby's place LOL

congrats again. i look forward to hearing about all the great things you receive.

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Congrats! I'm looking forward to shopping for you this month.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I was surfing around and found this pic of miss beggin strips, lady of June

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Ooooo, Carol! Thanks for the pic, it looks just like me! LOL

It is really hard to find gifs with my name spelled correctly. Thanks, I am stealing it!

Alison

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Its all yours, I had it made for you so the rights to it are yours enjoy

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

this be me, courtesy of carol. we are just too cute, aren't we?

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

okay since this is the current posting for this swap, i'm going to post here. alison, i am sure you won't mind my butting in one last time. i'll go look for "my" month thread, but i found this one first.

Dawn, (mamabirrd)

Thank you ever so much for the great box you sent me. Wow, where to begin. I saw that box and my first impression was "there's a tree in there". LOL

After getting it opened i pull out this large country-type sign "I DIG GARDENING". Wow, that is so me. Not because of the saying (which I love) but the decor is me. My son asked where i ordered it from - so that tells you it's me!

The artemisa is a real welcome and so is the pulmonaria. I don't have one of them and i hear everyone talking about them and now i do, thanks to you, Dawn. How wonderful. they arrived healthy and happy and strong.

The bird welcome stake (very nice one, i might add), already found a home in the herb garden. It's one of the only places around my property where there wasn't a welcome sign. (they are everywhere, in every shape and size and style). It was as if it was waiting on this one.

I love the flag/banner -- who can't resist Big Bird? And thank you so much for the patriotic citronella candle. It is sitting right on my potting bench where it will help me keep those little pests from bothering me, especially at certain times when i am out there working.

Okay, what you called a key holder for tools? Did you read my mind? i can't tell you the number of times i walk around with a small hand tool, put it down and then go nuts looking for it. will this ever come in handy.

MamaDawn, i just love everything you sent me. So thoughtful, so practical and so wonderful. And how nice to get a package when my month was over (ssssh, don't tell alison i am impinging on her month again! LOL) and just when i was going through withdrawal, the mail lady came-a-knocking!

Thank you again. I so appreciate your thoughtfulness.

i now return you to june.....alison -- hmmm, june alison, she was an old time actress...anyone remember her? played in a lot of movies with jimmy stewart. i know some of you have...fess up!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

June who? Jimmy Who?Way before my time. I have my box almost ready for miss beggin strips, it is all purchased just needs to be boxed and mailed, hopefully monday

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

Hi Earthly~ Glad you like the things I sent you! I intentionally left the envelope blank so you could reuse it... No, I did not make the butterfly garden stake. I wish I was that talented! LOL

Congratulations to Alison, Ms. June! I'm looking forward to finding some fun stuff to send you!

Jenell

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Earthly, I don't mind a bit that you posted here first! Sounds like you got a great box o'goodies from mamabird.

BTW, I wanted to let everyone know that I am going away the very last week of June, from June 26 to July 3. I'm going to England to visit my MIL. My DH, however, is staying here, but he knows nothing about gardening. So if you send me a box the very last week, please don't include plants. They will undoubtedly die a horrible death, and I don't want that on my conscience!

Thanks again for making June my big month!

Alison/Miss Beggin Strips (LOL!)

• veeja11
    18 years ago

My box was mailed this am should be there thursday, I may have forgotten to include a card, if so I am sorry. hope you enjoy the box anyway

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Oh, how wonderful! My first box arrived today, from veeja11! It had the coolest assortment of goodies in it!

Two scented candles, and some body lotion and body wash (they will be so useful, I have been getting very dirty out in the garden). Also, the cutest little matching set of mini tools and gardening gloves, a little glass ladybug, a kitty who looks just like one of mine, a turtle pot hanger, and a big white chocolate "aspirin" that will do wonders for my aching back.

And best of all, some irises! Three different kinds, all labeled! I just love irises, and in fact when the package came I was in the garden working on a nice sunny bed where I can put them.

And you did remember to include a very nice note card.

Thanks so much! What a great surprise!

It's funny, every once in a while I stop and think, "Oh, I need to see what I can get for the person of the month -- oh wait -- it's me!" LOL

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

alison

sounds great. it's so exciting when that mailcarrier comes-a-knocking!

expect my package saturday
    confirmation number 0305 0830 0003 7745 0519

i hope everything arrives in proper condition, please let me know if it does not.

enjoy your special month, it's going to be a real treat, i can surely attest to that!

can't wait to hear about all the wonderful things you get.

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    18 years ago

DaWiff, could you please email me your mailing address? I had everyone's addy's for this in a Word File. Of course they all went into Nevernever Land when my puter wiped out.

• dawiff
    18 years ago

A wonderful box arrived today from Earthly! What a treat!

There was a little teapot nitelite, I have always wanted one of those. And lots of kitty stuff -- a little ceramic kitty, a metal one whose head wiggles, and a pillow with an acrylic envelope for sliding in a photo and underneath it says A Spoiled Cat Lives Here. There were some peat pots, and bubble envelopes, and a bunch of those little manila seed envelopes -- those will be really useful. Then also a huge metal planter and a bunch of plants. I'm wondering, is one of those hostas a miniature, cause it looks like it? I don't have any miniatures, and have been thinking of trying them.

And she sent the nicest note. All the plants arrived in great shape despite the heat. I know what you mean about wanting to get out there in the garden to play. It has been hot here too, and I sit in front of the air conditioner and think Waaaaah -- I wanna be out there! But the heat just saps all the energy out of you as soon as you step outside. They are calling for cooler temps here next week, so I will get out there to plant and have a ball digging in the dirt!

Thanks so much Earthly, I loved everything you picked out for me!

Alison

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

alison,

the dark green one, with the pointy leaves, doesn't get massive, nice size hosta, real quick grower. the other one gets big.

i'm glad you like the stuff. was there a bug bracelet in there and a magnetic cat pad? they were meant for your box. i was working on three of them the same day.

and i hear ya about the heat. this is really miserable, enough is enough already. this is june, not august! although everything is sure growing like crazy.

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Earthly,

Shoot, I meant to mention the notepad and the bug bracelet too, and it slipped my mind. I love the notepad, it is so cute, with the kitty on it. And I have never used or seen bug bracelets like that one, I am looking forward to giving it a try. In this heat I sometimes go out in the garden later in the evening, after dinner, and the mosquitoes can be a real PITA!

Thanks so much for those too!

Alison

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

where is everyone? busy putting their boxes together for alison?

come on girls, let's keep up the momentum. i know our hostess isn't on gw anymore, but doesn't mean we still aren't honoring each other.

the month is quickly slipping away and it could be YOUR TURN NEXT!

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

Sounds like Miss Beggin Strips is getting all sorts of fabulous accolades for her month! My package will be going out in the next few days depending on when I can get to the Post Office....

I know what you mean about not wanting to go out and garden in this heat. I work outside in a nursery so by the time I get home I feel like I'm melting and don't want to go out and play in my own dirt. I'm glad the heat finally broke but I can do without the rain now.... Too hot, too cold, too rainy...... I sound like I'm never happy... LOL

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Alison,
    I mailed my package for you today. It wouldn't fit in a priority box & I forgot to tell the man to send it priority. I'm hoping it arrives before you leave on your trip but it may not.
    I guess it's a good thing I didn't include anything living or perishable. It's been so hot here I decided not to try that.

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Hi Alison
    Sorry I haven't posted. Just wanted to say that I hope you are having a great month and that your package from me will be on the way next week. I am concentrating on the fathers this week. So hard deciding what to get a dad that has everything and then some, lol.
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Thanks everyone! I AM having a great month! Lots to look forward to! I will keep an eye out for your package, Debbie!

Alison

• veeja11
    18 years ago

another siggy for Alison

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

glad to see everyone is alive and well.
    looking forward to hearing what else alison receives and all about her trip to england. pretty soon it will be time for another lucky gardener to be the special person of the month.
    by the way, where is our hostess????? guess i'll have to go over on the "other side" to see if she's active there.

alison, have you heard from her?

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Oh Goodness, Carol! Thanks so much for that wonderful siggy! That is so pretty.

I just bought a 128K disk thingy for the digital camera which is coming to England with me, it holds about 200 high res quality pics, so I am planning to take lots of pics. One of the days I am there I am going to be visiting a botanical gardan, so I'm going to bring back loads of pics of that! Can't wait! MIL and all her neighbors have wonderful gardens too, so I will be taking loads of pics of that too.

I did hear from our hostess recently, but it was a blanket email reminding everyone to post, you probably all got a copy of that. Nothing to me personally. I'll check the other place too.

Alison

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Alison,
    Heads up! USPS tracking shows your package arrived in your city at 5 a.m. this morning. SO hopefully it will reach you today. If not tomorrow for sure.

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Well, yesterday was a really rotten day for me. I had to take a sick cat to the vet, and I am worried now about how he will do while I am away on my trip. DH is staying home, so he will be medicating the cat on his own.

I also went shopping yesterday morning to get some new clothes to take on my trip to England, and I hated everything and got all hot and sweaty trying stuff on. I love the LOOK of handkerchief hems on skirts, but they look like crap on me! I sent an email to DH at work yesterday telling him I looked like a dog turd wrapped in Christmas paper.

Sooooooo...... it was especially nice to get TWO packages yesterday after a long and really frustrating day.

The first one I opened came from DawnB, and it had some great stuff in it. A lovely note, an issue of Country Home with articles about antiquing, a really cute birdhouse, some popsicle sticks to use as plant markers, a little book called 101 Thoughts Worth Thinking, an adorable little cookie press with a flower in it, some oatmeal face scrub, and a little basket full of seeds, including a huge ziploc baggie of white trumpet lily seeds! It was a great box from DawnB, and I want to thank her very much for sending it!

The second box was from Debbie, and it was just wonderful too. It had two lovely little fairy garden stakes with crystals hanging on them. I have never seen anything like them anywhere. There were also three of the most adorable ceramic bunnies, in three different poses, I just loved them! Then a package of rose-scented tealights shaped like pink roses. And the final piece de resistance -- an American Beauty Royal Albert teacup and saucer! Way, way too good to use in the garden. They are getting a place of honor among my collection! Thank you so much, Debbie, for the great package!

And also, thank you to both of you for lifting my spirits when I needed it SO MUCH!

Alison

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

alison,

what a great month you are having. is it so nice to be thought of and honored, isn't it? and you were concerned being "beggin strip" LOL

a few more players reaming to finish out your month and then it's time for the next lucky person to be indulged. wondering who it might be.

wonder how we will pick for july!

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Alison,
    How nice that your package arrived on a rotten day! :)
    I'm glad you liked the things I picked for you.

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you all know I emailed dawnb and asked her to pick someone for July for me, and then email one of you to post it on the board.

Thanks for the great stuff!

Alison

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

what's the matter alison, you don't trust your cat to choose! LOL

and, a dog turd wrapped in christmas paper? i've heard people describe themselves before in many ways, but that made me spit my tea

have a fantastic time in england. i am sure you are going to have such a great visit not only with your mother-in-law, but her garden ladies too. i adore older garden ladies, they are all that and so willing to share their knowledge, and talk about the how and the why and the story behind their plant as well as a piece of this, or a piece of that. (hopefully we either are or will be those ladies one day)

i met an english couple when i was in italy and was invited to their home for afternoon tea...we had it in the gardens that she and her husband planted. they were amazing. i would love to accomplish even half of what they had. i have incredible pictures of their property and i took away such wonderful memories.

i'm sure with each click of your camera, you will be creating something you will look back on for years to come and remember it as if you were right there all over again.

safe travels alison, have a wonderful time.

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    18 years ago

Alison, when are your departure and return scheduled? I'm going to send you box that won't require your dh to take care of anything. P.O. hasn't been very good about delivering my packages in a timely manner this month, and even if you are still home when it arrives, I don't want you to feel rushed to get anything in the ground. I hope you have a totally delightful trip! I'd been rushing around trying to get ready to be gone for several weeks on a driving trip to Seattle. Complications made it so that I had to stay home and just get the rest of the family off. It was a combination bummer and relief. Still had to finish getting everyone and everything ready to go, but could stop worrying about getting the house ready and training anyone to take care of the all the plants and animals. Being home without the family IS a dream vacation, too. Now I'm wishing they would be gone longer. (Shh, don't tell anyone a mom would say that.)

You have a blast!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I hope if you haven't gotten a package to miss beggin strips you will do so now. I would like to vote for July being Dawns month. since I didn't get to pick someone on my month.

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Alison,
    Well, here it is, the last day of the month. Hope it was very special for you. I FINALLY mailed out your package today, so hopefully you'll have it on Saturday. Tuesday at the latest, I guess. Better late than never, lol.
    I really hope you like everything that I picked out for you. Enjoy your trip!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)
    PS: Del. conf. #0304 3490 0000 2920 0026

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

well, looks like alison had a wonderful month.

i started a new thread for july, since dawn e-mailed me and solicited my dog to pick again for july.

i posted at the new thread who our july SPOTM will be.
    see ya all there.

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Sorry I haven't posted before this, I have been recovering from jet lag after my trip and sorting out the house, etc. There were two wondedrful boxes waiting for me at the post office when I got back from England, and they were both full of lovely presents.

The first was from lunamoon, and it contained a large packet of all kinds of seeds, including white liatris (I winter sowed the purple last year, now I have white too, yippee!) and some columbines, and a great assortment of all sorts of others to add to my stash. There was also a lovely desk set, containing a journal, address book (I really needed one of those, didn't realize it) and a memopad. Then a loofah sponge and some body wash and body lotion and sweetpea-scented bath salts. Rose, lavender, and hazelnut coffee scented candles, a really cute pair of cat earrings and a beautiful copper and stained glass butterfly, that is already out in the butterfly garden.

The second package was from mamabirrd and contained some lovely treasures. A country-style painted wooden shelf with knobs and painted teacups and teapot (I really loved that!), a cute chicken pincushion, a new pair of gardening gloves (always useful!) a Garden sign with arrow pointing the way to the garden, and a beautiful glass bluebird.

I want everyone to know that I will treasure my time spent as Special Person of the Month. I got some great presents, and have made some friendships here, and now am looking forward to putting a great box together for dawnb. Went shopping the other day and found some cute things to send, but have still more shopping to do. Not real sure what a Fossil tin is, but I am sure I can find some great stuff to send.

It's been great fun! Thank you to everyone!

Alison

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    18 years ago

Alison, something from me should be arriving on your doorstep if it is not already there. Don't think I remembered to put which swap it was for. It was for this one. I really love that everyone has been sending you unique items that won't be found on every corner. It is so extra special when you can tell that the sender really had you in mind when she packed the box. I've tried posting on the other thread, but haven't been able to lately. I think it is just that the computer I was using is a pain that takes forever to load pages and won't stay online long enough for me to post a message. Am now trying computer #3.

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone, I have been so bad about posting. I received a really lovely package from MudMom.

It contained a brand new cushion for kneeling, two lovely pillar candle holders with cherubs on them, a magnetic notepad with pages shaped like lilies in a pot, a votive thingy for melting scented wax (I know they have a name, I just can't think of it right now, but it's lovely!), it has pretty purple flowers on it, and the absolute piece de resistance, a beautiful leather box, that MudMom's DD apparently coveted. It is certainly something that is not found on every street corner! I just love it.

Thank you so much for sending me this great late box. You did put so much thought into it, sorry I took so long to post about having received it.

Thank you again to everyone who took the time to send me special things!

Alison

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    18 years ago

Alison, that's how I know an item is truly worthy of sending to a friend - if my 15yo tries to talk me out of it. I think she has good taste. The leather box and the potpourri simmer tower were the main things. The rest was filler because two items just didn't seem like enough. When I got those simmer towers it was the first time I had ever seen them. I picked up several at the same time because I thought they were neat. I had a specific person in mind for each one. One of the people was myself. LOL Still haven't used mine because I haven't found my votive candles. I'm sure that I have some because I bought a pack of 50 or something last year. I hope they didn't get packed into the attic or garage w/all the wedding stuff.

I'm glad you liked the box. I'm sure you can find something to store in it.