SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remuda1

Donate plants for a good cause?

remuda1
16 years ago

I hope this isn't out of line to post here. This is such a good cause, I was hoping some of you might want to help. Pam (pkponder) and I are both on the team trying to help make this happen.

One of the women in the master gardener organization here in Granbury is also involved with Christian Women's Job Corp. They are having to move the location of the current office of the CWJC and have been granted a two year location rent free. This facility will house the offices and classrooms for the organization. The women will be there all day and since there is no room for a lunch room, we'd like to offer them a nice outdoor setting in which to eat lunch and take their breaks. Here is an excerpt from the website:

**Christian Women's Job Corps/Christian Men's Job Corps ministries are bringing hope to women and men through Bible study, one-on-one mentoring, new life skills, and job readiness preparation**

The building and grounds have been neglected and the master gardeners are interested in helping with the landscaping aspect. It's not a large property at all and we are currently working on a landscape plan. If you have any plants that you could start cuttings of or make divisions of, they would surely be appreciated. Since the landscape plan is not yet settled, perhaps the best way to do this would be to make a list of what you have that you'd like to offer and we'll see what we can use from it.

There are deep shade areas and full sun areas. The privacy fence is old and dilapidated, but since it's a temporary location, it's not economically wise to replace it so perhaps climbing/vining things would work for that. Native and adapteds are probably advisable as well.

I failed to get the local website info but will get it today and post it here so that you can read more about the organization and it's work.

Again, I hope I haven't offended anyone by posting this here.

Kristi

Comments (63)