SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaleeisa

update: mnf april's fool robins flying!

jaleeisa
15 years ago

Not going to repost the rules, etc. We'll just go from the robins flying!

Melissa (hazelnutbunny)Sent and Linda (lindaruzicka) Received

Dan (dan_the_mailman) and Iris (rane_grow)

Monica(mommyto2)and Tonya (tootsiepop254)

Carrie (barefoot_contessa)and Fran (ncgardengirl)

Tracy (joy_unspeakableand Kamil (kamiljablo)

Denise (antiqueorchid) Sent and CA (sakura_komichi)

Cindy (cjcjmass) Sent/ Received and Carol (veeja11) Sent

Margo (smitties) Sent and Deb (debbya)

Joan (ejmoore)and Kathy (jaleeisa)

Nikki (nikkineel)and Kathy(jaleeisa)

Mark (markcase1964) Sent/Received and Joseph(jdkind) Sent/Received

Annie (canyonwind)and Nichol(gardenmom2)

Diene (diene) Sent and Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady) Received

Everyone check carefully to make sure I have all of that right, I took pain meds a little earlier.

And on the matter of partners, Fran and Carrie are back on track and I will partner Joan. I have several goodies in store for her, but am waiting to hear back from her on some questions before I start filling her box, and I plan to mail off her's and Nikki's at the same time :)

Kathy

Comments (144)

• canyonwind
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good Morning,

Nichol...I hope you found the seeds. There should have been 15-20 pkgs...some that were on your want list on your member page...I am big on the microfiber towels for all that housework I really do not care to do...but do it anyways out of the kindness of my Bohemian heart...LOL!! And a new sponge at least every other day!! There should have been some chapstick, sharpies, recycled post its, candy, plant markers?...I can never remember the stuff I put in these boxes!

I received your box yesterday...thank you very much!

Plants...
    Lambs ear
    an unknown plant with yellow flowers...Sun????
    Perrenial Sunflower
    White angels trumpet

pkg of seed baggies
    Shower gel body lotion
    candle...2 in 1..creamy custard and blushing apple
    candle lighter...my husband took off with this!
    2 pkg of razors...LOL!
    Scintament shave cream...LOL!
    Colgate toothpaste...LOL! Do you know, I can not stand to floss or brush my teeth but I must do it!!
    5 mini writing tablets

Off to put my goods in the ground...again thanks! Great stuff!!!

Have a great Thursday!!

Annie

• smitties
    15 years ago

Kathy, the words "road to recovery" must be like sweet music to your ears. It won't be long now.

I have heard nothing from Deb so am assuming she was unable to mail off the box. I hope that is the case cause I have not received anything and wouldn't want the post office to lose it.

Will let you know if I hear anything. Take care of yourself.

• Related Discussions

update: mnf: february round robin

Q

Comments (137)
    First I do apologize to anyone that did not get a little gift from me. Not sure where they went but.. Remember the missing box? Well the person who kept that has now contacted me. This person has done many things that were not kosher and some of the people really went into overdrive and tracked her down through her work so now I received the message listed below: "Please let me know how to rectify this with you. I am not trying to make excuses, but can only offer a sincere apology for any problems. If you can let me know what is needed to make the situation right again I will try to promptly address the matter. Thank you for your time, and again I truly apologize." I responded that there was not anything that could be done at this point and I believe she only contacted me because she is in trouble at work. Everyone gets theirs' in the end. diene
    ...See More

new: mnf: after dark round robin!

Q

Comments (150)
    A Navajo Star Myth Coyote According tho the Navajo mythology, the Milky Way was created by the misbehavior of the mischievous deity, Coyote. When the world was created, the Holy People gathered around Black God to place the stars in the sky according to a rational order related to the seasons. But Coyote grew annoyed by the slowness of the creation process. He first chose with anger a red star, called Ma'iio, that he placed in the south to symbolize himself. Ma'iio is a name often given to Coyote, which means 'the one who roams'. This star, of which we do not know the precise identification, appears for only a short period of time during the year, and it is said to announce trouble. Thereafter, Coyote took the bag full of stars not yet placed and threw it over his head forming the Milky Way. Since the stars of the Milky Way could not be properly placed, they could not be named. Coyote was a trickster, and would often use this to get what he wanted. In one story, Coyote turned a hero into a coyote, and in turn became the man. He went to the hero's home and slept with his wife. Coyote smelled very bad. When the wife visited her mother, she smelled the Coyote on the wife. They then knew that Coyote had tricked them. In yet another story, Coyote falls in love with a beautiful woman. In order to marry her, he had to kill the giant, Gray Big Ye'i. Afterwards, the woman attempts to kill Coyote four times, but each time he hides his vital organs so he could come back to life. The woman eventually marries him. Later we find that coyote is killed while hunting with the wife's brothers. Coyote's wife turns into a bear and kills all but one of the brothers. The last brother kills her, and brings his brothers back to life. This story explains why bears are often considered the female counterparts of coyotes. Kathy
    ...See More

update: mnf: april's fool 2 - partner list!!

Q

Comments (151)
    LOL... one word... CATNIP! Lots of it! I think I've contacted everyone that I needed to today. If not, someone drop me a note. We're forecast for severe thunderstorms today through tomorrow night, so my computer time may be limited. I don't like being on when there's lightening even though we have cable internet. Fran, please let me know ASAP whether you hear from Carrie. That will be the deciding factor in what I set up for Joan. By the way, Jamie emailed me and is still trying to get in touch with Kim. I let her know that officially, I'd dropped them from the swap, but if they complete it, both of them, and send me DCNs and post contents, it will have them clear for the group with the condition that they will have to send first in the next MNF swap they join. I felt this was the most fair way to deal with it, if they both complete the swap. I invite her to hang about and get to know folks and she's assured me that she will :) I'm very happy about that! Oh, and I called the company I ordered from and they're putting a rush on the order, and I found out that it's always best to call the order in and request a rush. Have a really nice conversation with the young lady I spoke with. We discussed my theme gardens and she's going to be checking into GW. She's interested in seeing my Gargoyle bed and Naughty Garden and I'd bet she'd be interested in seeing some of the other Goth type beds and any of the themed beds. She was really interested in the possibilities of those. I told her she'd need to check back in a couple months to see pics of mine since they're still pretty dormant at the moment and it will take some time for the kids and DH to get everything tended to, especially in the new beds that we just started working on. Anyway, she was a really sweet young lady and we had a nice conversation and she tried to see if there was more she could do to get my order here quickly. The rush was all she could do, but I should have my order here sometime late next week or early the following week. So I'll be able to have Nikki's box to mail out then. Everything else is ready and packed. Or ready to be packed :) Though the longer I have to wait to mail it off, the more seeds I find to tuck in ... for cushioning, ya know? Kathy
    ...See More

update: mnf: after dark round robin #3

Q

Comments (150)
    Dan, I say old pantyhose are indispensible! They make great filters for your washing machine. Catches all the fluffy lint that might clog your drain! LOL! I am going to have to pass on the Christmas in June Swap. I am booked solid with obligations. Ted is graduating, we have Communion Parties up the wazoo, plus the other swaps I have already signed on for. Happy Swapping you guys and Merry Christmas! LOL! Melissa, I forgot to tell you that I was searching diligently earlier to try to find the name of your iris this morning before pre-school drop off but I came up empty so far. I do believe it is a dwarf judging by the height of the blooms. I am still working on it. Did you perhaps get that in one of the Halloween swaps last fall? I seem to remember some really cool "black" german irises that some people received.
    ...See More
  • gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Sorry Annie. LOL I did forget b/c my husband took off with the chapstick (thief), the sharpies and the notepads. He also put away the sponge and the microfiber towels immed. and I forgot about them. I am truly sorry. And yes, the yummmy yummy candy that did not last very long. Your box was wonderful. And I did love the seeds. My OCD hubby just put them in a box with acouple swaps I had rec'd and they were all mixed up so I could not list them. Did you get the books ok??? I thought it might be a relaxing read on the beach. Hope everything was ok. THe yellow flower is full sun, but willspread.

I am a big couponer and like to send goodies from my q poning like the toothpaste, brushes, razors, etc.... kind of a trade mark, now. LOL

Nichol

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I'm having a really hard time keeping up with everything. I'm sorry my box is late!

Margo's box did go out today! USPS #0309 0330 0000 8504 1260. It should arrive with in 2 days.

Hugs,
    Deb

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Nichol,

I'll be darn, I did not type in the two books you sent......The Cottage and The Nosy Neighbor!!!!!!! My neighbor is sitting out by the pool right now with her nose in The Nosy Neighbor! She has not said a word for the past 90 minutes and she loves to talk...must be a good read! Thanks so much!

Your plants are in the ground and so happy. We might get a little rain from the heavens tomorrow...now that would be nice!

Have a great weekend!

Annie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Howdy everyone,
    Kathy I wish you could find some kind of comfort until the surgery. I can't imagine the pain you are in all the time.
    No need to apologize we understand you are in much pain and doing the best you can to host this swap!

No I have not heard anything else out of Carrie seen she last emailed me.
    I have given up on this month, if she sends I will send her a package if not then that's ok too.

Ok well I have another few threads to check on later folks,

:) Fran

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

my package will go out tomorrow,,,it's been raining like crazy here! It did make everything grow very nicely though!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Kat, I sure hope you are starting to feel better:)
    I am going to try to post an update for you today so hopefully when you sign on you will not have to do as much...

Melissa (hazelnutbunny) Sent and Linda (lindaruzicka) Received (sending Saturday)
    Dan (dan_the_mailman) Sent/Received and Iris (rane_grow)Sent/Received - COMPLETE!
    Monica(mommyto2) Sent and Tonya (tootsiepop254) Received -confirmed via DC# provided by Monica
    Carrie (barefoot_contessa)and Fran (ncgardengirl) No longer swapping as of now unless Fran hears back from Carrie.
    Tracy (joy_unspeakable) Sent and Kamil (kamiljablo) Received -confirmed via DC# provided by Tracy
    Denise (antiqueorchid) Sent/Received and CA (sakura_komichi) Sent/Received COMPLETE!
    Cindy (cjcjmass) Sent/ Received and Carol (veeja11) Sent/Received COMPLETE!
    Margo (smitties) Sent and Deb (debbya) Received/sent with confirmation #
    Joan (ejmoore) Sent/ Received and Pat (fairyoak)Sent/Received COMPLETE!
    Nikki (nikkineel) Sent/Received and Kathy(jaleeisa)Sent/Received COMPLETE!
    Mark (markcase1964) Sent/Received and Joseph(jdkind) Sent/Received COMPLETE!
    Annie (canyonwind) Sent/Received and Nichol(gardenmom2) Sent/Received COMPLETE!
    Diene (diene) Sent/Received and Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady) Sent/Received COMPLETE!

This is just what I can tell from the postings. Looks we are only waiting to hear from Kamil and Tonya for sending. And of course we want to hear the goodies received as they come in:)
    Kat, it looks like things are wrapping up. I hope this helps.. Nik

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry everyone. I've been in bed the majority of the last couple of days. The medications aren't working as well as they should be, which isn't especially surprising since I've been on them for almost 5 months now. So, the pain is worse and if I take more than the minimum dosages, they really put me out of it and still don't do a lot for the pain. Add lots of rain this week, temperature fluctuations and having RA- my joints are swelling making everything even more uncomfortable and adding to the muscle spasms. Three weeks and I'll start getting some relief, even if just because the meds after surgery are much stronger for a few weeks. I can't take a lot of the RA right now because most of them contain anti-inflammatories and I can't have those from now until after the surgery because they increase the chance of not clotting well. So, I have to find what comfort I can in old fashioned home remedies.

I am hoping that you will all keep me in your prayers. Oh, and before I forget... someone, I'm not sure if it was someone from around here, or someone I know from here in Edmond, or what, but some wonderful person requested a prayer blanket to be sent to me. This blanket came from a church organization and has been held and prayed over by members of their organization. The prayers are for my comfort, well being, healing and recovery. If it was someone here, I want to thank you. Receiving that blanket this last week has rebolstered my flagging mental strength. Just the positive energy held in that blanket is amazing. Even Cliff felt it and I just simply handed it to him saying "Look what came in the mail today". He said wow, you can feel something when you touch it, who sent it?. I explained and showed him the letter that came with it. Cliff isn't particularly sensitive to things like that, so the fact that he felt it too means a lot of positive energy was put into it.

I know that many here believe in the power of prayer and that the rest have some belief in the positive energies of caring thoughts. I believe that those positive energies are healing, strengthening, regardless of your faith and manner of worship within one's beliefs. I have asked Cliff to make sure that this blanket is laid over me in the recovery room after surgery and will be making the same request of my surgeon. Whomever sent it has my deepest gratitude. If anyone wants to add their prayers to it, it is a large 'sofa' blanket, very soft and pink in color. I believe that one doesn't have to be literally touching it to add their positive energy to it. That just envisioning it and adding those positive thoughts is enough. I will try to post a picture of it later. So if anyone would like to add their prayers or meditations to it, I would be grateful. I run my fingers over it now and draw comfort and strength of will from it.

I also want to thank you all for being so patient with me these last couple weeks and thank everyone for all of the help with this swap :) It has certainly made it easier. I am going to contact those MIA via email.

Linda, can you please email Kamil for me? Every time I try I don't get a response. I hate to ask, but it seems that your emails get through and mine don't.

I have emailed both Tonya and Carrie. Hopefully we'll know something on them soon. Monica, I am going to start putting together a makeup box for you. Give me a few days to do that and see if we hear from Tonya.

Fran, since you've not mailed out yet and seem okay with just keeping your box this month, if we don't heard from Carrie, we'll just call it an even trade off and hopefully your next partner will have a wonderful box for you. I'm really sorry about this.

So, here's an update on the swap:

Melissa (hazelnutbunny) Sent and Linda (lindaruzicka) Received
    Dan (dan_the_mailman) Sent/Received and Iris (rane_grow)Sent/ReceivedCOMPLETE!color=green>
    Monica(mommyto2) Sent and Tonya (tootsiepop254) Received -confirmed via DC# provided by Monica
    Carrie (barefoot_contessa)and Fran (ncgardengirl)
    Tracy (joy_unspeakable) Sent/Received and Kamil (kamiljablo) Sent/Received -confirmed via DC# provided by Tracy COMPLETE!color=green> **Though I still would like for Kamil to post his contents.
    Denise (antiqueorchid) Sent/Received and CA (sakura_komichi) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Cindy (cjcjmass) Sent/ Received and Carol (veeja11) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Margo (smitties) Sent and Deb (debbya) Sent/Received
    Joan (ejmoore) Sent/ Received and Pat (fairyoak) Sent/ReceivedCOMPLETE!color=green>
    Nikki (nikkineel) Sent/Received and Kathy(jaleeisa)Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Mark (markcase1964) Sent/Received and Joseph(jdkind) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Annie (canyonwind) Sent/Received and Nichol(gardenmom2) Sent/ReceivedCOMPLETE!color=green>
    Diene (diene) Sent/Received and Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>

Margo and Melissa should receive either today or by Tuesday or so.

If I missed anything, please let me know. And thank you again for all of the help that several of you have given the last couple days :) It is MUCH appreciated!

Oh, and Nikki, that order finally arrived yesterday. I'm going to give the Russian Princess a couple days of TLC, though it arrived looking great, and mail to you this next week. :)

Have a great day, all. It's starting to storm here again :(

HUGS,
    Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Bunny, here's the DC# 0308 3390 0000 9953 2178...sorry for the delay..but things just wouldn't grow!!

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Okay Everyone sorry for the delay!

Tracy, my partner sent me a wonderful box of goodies!

Gold Dust Aucuba Cuttings
    APPLE PIE JAM- FANTASTIC!
    Kosher Dill Pickle Recipe
    Linda Lou's Apple Pie Jam Recipe
    Ball Blue Book- so I can start canning myself!
    Lithops Cacti, neat!
    PartyLite Tealights
    And Seeds:
    Baby Corn Bonus
    Red Lightening Hybrid Tomato
    Broccoli, Raab, Di Rapa
    Hild's Blue Winter Radish
    Aster Hulk
    Juane d'or Ovale Radish

Thanks Again!
    Kamil

• ashcraftbunch
    15 years ago

Annie

I recieved your pkg wednesday.. It was wondeful and a nice pick me up on a bad day. I took strep throat tuesday night and by thursday morning my DH had it too. we took him to the Dr Friday and he got a shot and some meds. He was nice enough to give us enough antibitoics for my DH and myself. sinc ewe could only afford one doctor visit that costed over 100 bucks..:( But your package arrrivd and Alisa was diggifn in it faster than I could see what was in it my self along with my Dh standing above us..Thank you so much for allowing me to swap with you....

Here is what I recieved

10 pkgs of seeds which I can't put my finger on at the moment
    a sharpie
    a notepad
    a pkg of rooster napkins
    a recylced tote bag
    2 bags of skittles which my boys took away seems I could eat them at that moment.
    a plant in a ziplock bag-need a lil info before planting it looks like a canna not usre
    peat moss cups

lambs ear
    goosebil geranium
    lavender
    blue margarita-need info on planting also
    a type of grass unable to make out name

Again thank you so much for sharing your garden with me...

Jamie

• ashcraftbunch
    15 years ago

oops i posted my box on the wrong thread...

I do have Kim's box ready to go out.. I have all of her info except her addy..I am unable to contact her to get it to her though if anyone has her addy///

JAmie

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello Jamie;
    Who is Kim that you need an addy for? What is her GW name? What swap is/was it for?
    You can e-mail me or kathy privately if you need some info for another swap. We will try and help.
    diene

• smitties
    15 years ago

I received my box yesterday but had my son and fiance here for a visit so could not post til now. I had a great time discovering the contents and most is planted now.

Plants were:
    Aloe vera
    Boston Ivy
    Fuzzy wandering jew
    low light philo
    asiatic lilies
    verigated hoya

Also some yellow glad bulbs
    Hanging basket begonia bulbs

a box of waferrolls, yummy
    a notepad (I make notes all the time)
    A bunny figurine who is now living on the deck
    a cute stuffed bunny

Thanks for the swap Deb.

• ashcraftbunch
    15 years ago

Diene,
    Kim and I were to swap boxes in this swap and both had computer trouble but Kathy said it was fine if we both continued in the swap after we contacted each other.. she sent me information about herself but not her addy.. her Gw name is HillbillyGal..

Jamie

• diene
    15 years ago

Jamie;
    Can't help you there, never heard of her. If you have a box ready to go, send it to Kathy for all her hard work. I will e-mail her addy to you. When she gets it, I will get a box out to you.
    diene

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jamie, if you are unable to contact her via email, then we'll consider this one dropped and you can do as Diene suggested and as per the email I sent you this morning.

Fran said she was fine since she did not mail out to Carrie, and Carrie has gone MIA. I want to note here that Carrie, though she will not have a make up box to take care of, will have to mail first in the next few MNF swaps she joins. I am not sure what happened with Carrie, but the last email I sent her came back to me as undeliverable. I hope everything is alright. I have personally traded with Carrie in the past few months several times. I found her to be reliable in those, so I hope she will come back and let us know what happened and be alright with sending first in the next several swaps.

Fran, I'm really sorry about this! If there's something I can do to make it up, please email me :)

Everything here is based on trust and fulfilling the obligations you make. I contacted all newbies to the MNF group before the partners list was posted to make sure they still wanted to participate. All of those who were partnered up responded that they did. So I am very disappointed that we had several who went MIA once the partners were posted. There has only been one that had a box sent to them that with the partner not receiving in return. I am putting together something for Monica and will be mailing out in the next few days.

Update:
    Melissa (hazelnutbunny) Sent and Linda (lindaruzicka) Sent/Received
    Dan (dan_the_mailman) Sent/Received and Iris (rane_grow)Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Monica(mommyto2) Sent and Tonya (tootsiepop254) Received -confirmed via DC# provided by Monica Tonya dropped and not eligible for future swaps until this matter is cleared- Kathy and possibly Diene sending makeup boxescolor=red>
    Carrie (barefoot_contessa)and Fran (ncgardengirl)* Carrie dropped, Fran did not mail out, so Carrie will only need to mail first for several swaps.color=red>
    Tracy (joy_unspeakable) Sent/Received and Kamil (kamiljablo) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Denise (antiqueorchid) Sent/Received and CA (sakura_komichi) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Cindy (cjcjmass) Sent/ Received and Carol (veeja11) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Margo (smitties) Sent/Received and Deb (debbya) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Joan (ejmoore) Sent/ Received and Pat (fairyoak) Sent/ReceivedCOMPLETE!color=green>
    Nikki (nikkineel) Sent/Received and Kathy(jaleeisa)Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Mark (markcase1964) Sent/Received and Joseph(jdkind) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Annie (canyonwind) Sent/Received and Nichol(gardenmom2) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>
    Diene (diene) Sent/Received and Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady) Sent/Received COMPLETE!color=green>

So, we are only waiting for Melissa to receive her box from Linda and for Monica to receive her make up box and this swap will be complete! Monica, I'm going to ask that you post your box here once you receive it and I'm so sorry for the delay!

I want to remind everyone to take a moment and post a review for their partner in the Rate and Review, which I'm linking below, if you have not already. It is a wonderful way to thank them and builds swap and trade reputation for all of us :) Newbies, if you need help with this, email me and I'll be happy to walk you through it!

All in all, I have had a wonderful time with this swap and want to thank all of you for making it fun, helping when I needed a hand and for being patient with me :) I always look forward to hosting. Please keep checking back so we can all see what Melissa and Monica receive :) I will close this swap and thread once they have. In the meantime, let's all have a blast with Bump's MayDay swap!

Kathy

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Alright, I have tried to email Carrie twice. Carrie, if/when you make it back, please email me regarding this swap and where we go from here :) Thanks!

Kathy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hey Kathy,
    I just got a package from Carrie. She and I had agreed upon sending only seeds for the moment because of various reasons and plants later on.
    She apologized in the note that she included because she has no internet service at the moment and is not sure when it will be back up and running. I feel bad about giving up on the swap BUT she did say she would mail out the last time I heard from her on the 20th I believe it was and I had not received by the end of April I figured she had decided not to participate.
    Ok with this being said I will get a package back out to her by the end of the week I will post a DC# for that so everyone knows I did send as well.
    Here is the LONG list of seeds she sent and I feel makes up for the lastness and I am pleased that she came through.
    Again remember her internet is down and I too had forgotten this fact. So I apologize again for dropping the ball on this fact.

Seeds:
    Flamingo Feathers Celosia
    Pampas Plume Mix Celosia
    Orange Daylily
    Gaillardia
    Agastache Blue Fortune
    Hibiscus
    Marigold Jaguar
    Ageratum Blue Lagoon
    African Blue Eyed Daisy
    Balloon Flower grandiflorus Blue
    Echinacea Bravodo
    Blue Pea Vine
    Scabiosa
    Glory Vine Tresco Mix
    Echinacea Kim's Knee High much wanted
    Arctotis Venusta
    KMOTGG Variegated
    Hechurea Green Spice
    Cosmos Double Click
    Amaranthus Love Lies Bleeding Green Thanks again
    Perennial Sweet Pea
    Larkspur Venus Carmine
    Echinacea White Swan
    Mina Lobata Spanish Flag Vine
    Cup Plant (?)
    Sunflower Strawberry Blonde Thanks again!
    Echinace Orange Meadowbright
    Scarlet Sage
    Maltess Cross
    Poppy Pink with lavender center
    Tassel Flower Red
    Callaopsis Mix
    Daylily Mini Stella
    Hibiscus manihot
    Amaranthus Hot Biscuits
    Mexican Sunflower Dk Orange
    Blue Mist Spirea
    Echinacea Mix
    Allium Nigrum
    Campsis Radicans Vine Variegated foliage
    Campsis Raclicans Vine Yellow Bloom
    Red Canna
    Amaryllis
    Echinacea Double Decker
    Caranary Climbing Vine
    Allium Hair
    Nasturtium Jewel Tones
    Globe Amaranthus Strawberry Fields

AH, she also noted that she was sorry for not being able to look at my wants page but she did a great job picking out things I wanted. I am impressed.
    She sent a GREAT selection and a lot so I think she would still be in good standing with the group still.
    Now I have a big job ahead of me getting enough stuff together for her seedwise to cover the amount she sent me.
    I did pick up a few things I wanted to send her, so I might send a tad less seeds them she sent me and send things to cover the themes of this swap that I had picked up.

Ok, Thanks to Carrie I appreciate it.
    I will track Carries package to her and when it is deliveried I will post what I sent her, since she can not post herself.

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am really glad that Carrie came through :) I'll help you track her DC# after you post it, Fran, and will make note when it's delivered. She sent you a great collection there! I look forward to seeing what you send to her :)

Kathy

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Monica, could you please email me with your mailing address? I'm trying to finish getting your box together :)

Thanks!

Kathy

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Hi ladies,
    Fran, that is a great selection of seeds! Just saw a few that I need to add to my wanted list :0)

Kathy, there's really no need to send me anything. I enjoy sharing plants with people. I'm not upset about not getting anything, just a little disapointed that this is my first 'bad' experience.

I know you're not feeling well and I appreciate you trying to make up for someone. Just take care of your self. I will be happy with next MNF swap since you guys are just the nicest group of people!

Monica

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'd really like to Monica, and there are several people who have offered to help out, so we could each send you a small box or envelope of things and make up for what you should have gotten. I know I have several things that were on your wants lists :) and I'd love to share them with you!

So, go ahead and send me your address! No one leaves one of my swaps without getting something if they send something :)

Kathy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Monica, I am sorry your partner didn't come through for you. I sent you an email reqarding the seeds you would like, I have plenty to share please give me a list and I will get them mailed out to you when I mail Carrie's out to her!

REALLY send me a list! And I need you address again, don't make me go search for it, you KNOW I have it here somewhere!

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Kathy,

Just sent you an email via GW....

Great selection of seeds Fran!!!!

Thanks much!

Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I got a box from Linda today!
    WOW, am I excited!!!
    *pulling cat off of my lap for the 100000th time*

Linda, I don't know if it's just the scent from your kitties, or maybe you sprayed the box down with catnip scented something before you sent it...but my cat is going bonkers. She WANTS THIS BOX! :o)

Okay...*depositing kitty on the floor...AGAIN....*
    Linda sent:

~A yellow flower shaped bird house!
    ~A stuffed Cadbury Bunny that clucks!! OHMIGOODNESS, Linda!!! How did you KNOW I love those bunnies?! That is my FAVORITE commercial ever! Ask my kiddos, I crack up every time I see it, I have my whole life! LOL! (especially the clucking kitty....!)
    ~A "critter puffer"- a squishy stress ball that puffs out when you squeeze it..and guess what it looks like? A BUNNY! :O)
    ~Pretty thank you card set!
    ~A terra cotta garden marker/sign "welcome to my garden"!
    ~Faerie garden plant kit! So cute!! *snatching it back from the girls*
    ~A huge bag of gummie bears! Yummy! *hiding them from kids* (but the kids can have the green ones, blech!)
    ~A cute Gnome windchime!
    ~Jobe's plant food spikes
    ~Cute gnome riding a snail figurine!
    ~Little egg flower pot with flower inside figurine
    ~Tiny ceramic bunny! And it's PINK! :O)
    ~Blue & green crocheted trivet (I'll use it as one, anyway!)
    ~Milano cookies! YUMMMY YUMMMMMMYYY SUPER DUPER YUMMY!
    ~Box of peanut butter kandy kakes! Never tried those, but they sound yummy!

Plants:
    ~Russian stonecrop sedum (YAY!)
    ~Sedum
    ~Lamb's ear
    ~Yarrow
    ~Liatris
    ~Garlic chives
    ~Hens and chicks

Seeds:
    ~English lavender
    ~Pink poppy
    ~Catnip! (yay!)
    ~Swamp milkweed
    ~Acorn squash
    ~Anise Hysop (yay!)
    ~Echinacea-White swan
    ~Sunflower- Autumn beauty (yay!)
    ~Lady's mantle
    ~Echinacea purpurea
    ~Chamomile
    ~Cosmos
    ~Poppy-lavender
    ~Poppy- mission bells
    ~Forget me nots (yay!)
    ~Mexican hats (yay!) (the last time I had these, hubby killed them with the lawn mower...bad hubby...)
    ~California poppy
    ~Cosmos- orange
    ~Milkweed
    ~Mexican bird of paradise
    ~Spring greens mix (yay!)
    ~Parsley
    ~Rhubarb

Thank you, Linda!!
    I love everything.
    And YES, it was worth waiting for. :O)

And now, I'm gonna make myself a pot of chocolate tea & eat my cookies.
    The WHOLE bag.
    Because, I'm the mom. And I can.
    So there. :P

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Bunny, you're going to love those tastykakes! Linda's been talking about them so much lately that I ordered a box of stuff from the Pennsylvania General Store, including some tastykakes. I've still got a few left, (but I've almost run out, down to 3 cakes) so I think I'm going to have a peanut butter one myself!
    That was a great box Linda!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

glad you liked it Bunny! I had blast filling it up..and my goal is to make everyone addicted to tastekakes...MMAWWHHAAAAAA!!!!!

• diene
    15 years ago

Hey Linda;
    I remember Tastykakes as a kid but they are no longer part of my world. Bachman pretzels have also disappeared which makes me very sad. I go to visit my brother in Lancaster when I am jonesing from pretzel withdrawl, that is the pretzel capital of the world. He even took me to a pretzel factory one time when I visited, nirvana!!
    diene

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

*munching on a tastykake*

Mmmmm. Can you buy these things in bulk???
    Seems the box has a hole in it...there's only 1 left...
    Hmmmm.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

they are addicting...and there's sooooo many different kinds!

Diene, when I moved over here from Altoona, I couldn't find them anywhere! I used to buy boxes when I went home and then freeze them. Luckily, Sheetz (convenience stores) started carrying them..."smacking lips"

• diene
    15 years ago

Just wanted to post and let everyone know that I have not forgotten Amelia's bulbs as a matter of fact the issue is, I have no idea what I did with them. They are in a bubble envie somewhere and I have the label I just have not been able to put the two of them together.
    Sorry Amelia, they will get there soon. Hopefully they are still viable.
    diene

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What a box, Melissa! Linda, I'm going to have to find out what all the fuss is about with these tastykakes!
    Diene, I'm sure you'll find them soon ans they'll be fine.

Nikki, the rest of your box is on it's way. Cliff took it to work with him this morning, but I forgot to make note of the DC# before he left. I'll post that this evening or tomorrow morning for you :)

Monica, my dear, you should be receiving several surprises in the next few days. I mentioned there were several people wanting to make sure you weren't left out. I can't wait to see what kinds of goodies you get!

Kathy

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Ok, don't laugh at me everyone, but it must be a regional thing, cause I've never even heard of a tastycake, much less seen one. I must be missing out on something really good, it sounds like.

Joan

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

you guys all need to go to the tastekake.com website..."G"...

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Monica, I have some DC#s for you :)

0309 0330 0000 5379 3122
    0308 0070 0001 4812 0118
    0306 2400 0003 0183 3469
    and I think there is one more that I don't have the number for yet.

Now, these are all smallish boxes, we've all gone together to send you a wide variety of goodies :)

Nikki, your DC# for the IOU box is 0308 0070 0001 4812 0125

You should both be receiving these boxes in the next few days and I hope you will both take a moment to post and let everyone know what you received!

Kathy

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

You ladies (and Dan) are making me hungry, I would love to know what tastekakes are and where I can get them. I just love sweets and specially pastries :0)

Kathy and everyone, THANKS so much for being so generous, it wasn't needed, but VERY much appreciated! I think I'm going to be the most 'spoiled' after all :0) THANK YOU AGAIN!

I'll make sure to post when I receive the packages.

Monica

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Wooohooo Monica you are a LUCKY GIRL!

Hey I checked out the tastykake.com website, they are like Little Debbie's!!!!

Ya'll I am sorry I haven't had time yet to go through my seeds to get them together for Carrie, I will I promise. I plan on doing it tonight so I can send them out tomorrow but I have been so busy with EVERYTHING so just hang with me.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

they are so much better than Little Debbie's..."smacking lips"...the cake part tastes like real cake you would bake and the chocolate part...well..let's just say it's another addiction for me...the butterscotch and kaffee kakes are good too...

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran, do we have a DC# yet for your package to Carrie? Looks like Monica has received at least a couple of the make up boxes. I hope she'll share what she received with us! And it looks like Nikki received my IOU box too :)

As soon as I have confirmation on all of this and we see that Fran's package was delivered, I will be able to officially close this swap and finish up the host log to send on to Dan and Melissa, who I believe is hosting June for us :)

Kathy

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Kathy,

I sent you an email last night....let me know if did not receive.

Thanks,

Annie

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Hi Ladies!

I received two boxes yesterday (yay!!!!) One was from Joan (ejmoore510) Joan sent me 2 lily satisfaction (I'm a lily addict Joan, thank so much) 6 angel tulips, garden marker, some really yummy smelling coconut hand lotion, a little bird house and a cherry candle (which look good enough to eat!) 2 little pack of hair conditioner and a pack of plant markers. Also some really cool seeds salvia bonfire, cockscomb mix, sunflower sunshine, wildflower mix, nasturtium jewel mix, dahlia mix, four o'clock mix and blazing star. Thank you sooooo much Joan I loved everything!!!

The other one was from Melissa (hazelnutbunny). She sent me daylily tang, iris immortality (love the scent!), mini rose sweet fairy cutting, cottage rose francizica kruger cutting miracle grow houseplant tablets (just love these!) handlotion that smells like cotton blossom, yummy :0) and a really cute cat calendar which I have it hanging by my computer since I never know what day I'm living in :0). Thank you sooo much Melissa, I'll find the perfect spot for all of the goodies!

And today I got a box from Kathy. She sent me a no id white iris, canna princess Di (I'm also a canna addict Kathy) a whole plume from white pampass grass, a flower pouch (which will get filled asap) some rooibos tea creme au caramel (never had it but sound soooo good) and a bag full of candy which has been claimed by the kids! and a WHOLE bag of seeds: night blooming jasmine, poppy peony antique rose, sweet pea royal mix, sunflower teddy bear, penstemon mix, poppy shirley mix, 2 types hostas seeds, coleous pallisandra, white butterfly ginger, iris siberica purple, iris versicolor, marigold jaaguar, salvia blue queen, columbine danish, millet limelight, salvia queen dark violet, gloriosa daisy, mg flying saucer, penstemon pink, evening primrose, jewels of opar, 4:00 broken colors, primrose artic mix, asiatic lily mix, lotus bird's foot trefoil, aquilegia black barlow, poppy mix, annual phlox red, vitex chase tree, mg mix, salvia victoria, daylily happy returns, cosmos diablo and sunset mix.
    Is that a list or what? Thank you soooooo much Kathy for being so generous! I think I need to go find another seed box :0)
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH LADIES! you have spoiled me :0)

I hope all of you moms have a wonderful mother's day!!
    To celebrate mother's day I went to the plant delight nursery open house today. Their display gardens are so pretty! I wish I could have had more time to stroll the gardens, but my 5 year old was ready to go 15 minutes after we got there :0( They had such an awesome selection of plants for purchase, but they're not really what I would call affortable you know. So I ended up only getting a canna pink sunburst and canna panache. I'm very excited about them both! Then on my way back home, I decided to stop by a nursery near by and found a ginger Dr Moy, canna orange punch and a dark leaf pink double flowering begonia. So I think I've already had a good mother's day no breakfast in bed required :0)

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Monica

• mneel
    15 years ago

Hi all! Kat, I received your box today and you really shouldn't have - the first box was abundant and much appreciated.
    She sent:
    Twinkle toes Ixia, Fairy Lilies, Mexican Shellflower, and a plant which I haven't planted yet. Kat, can you remind me what it is - I don't see a label but it could be wrapped up in the baggie part. Again, you are the best and I really appreciate you - the swap of course, but more importantly, your friendship. I'm praying for you and the surgery! Nik

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I value your friendship too, Nikki :) I think it's amusing that it took a year for us to be paired for a swap! That plant is a Russian Princess Lobelia. I hope that you really enjoy it. I'm planning to get mine planted this weekend.

Monica, I'm so glad you were pleased with your boxes :) There is one more coming your way. I want to thank Melissa, Joan and Annie for joining in with me to make this special for you :)

Annie, I got your email :) Thanks so much!!

Fran, I need to hear from you so that I can close this swap. If there's a problem, please email me. I need to close this out by Sunday so I can get Dan the host log since his swap is close to ending so he can update and sent it to Melissa for the June swap. I need to make final notes of who did not send and what actions are taken.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend. The bratlings are cleaning house, planting stuff, weeding and starting to get the boys ready to go to the lake house with Cliff's Mom and Stepfather Memorial Day weekend. And Sunday we have a big family get together at Cliff's brother's house. So we're going to be busy :)

Thanks to all of you :)

Kathy

• diene
    15 years ago

Good Morning Kathy;
    Send me Carrie's addy and I will get a box out to her. There is no reason why she should not have already received her box and I am very disappointed in her partner. You can close this swap out as Dan's is almost finished. Carrie is probably not very impressed with the MNF group and that is not right.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone, hope you all have a great day.
    diene

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran has still not mailed out to Carrie, Diene is sending a makeup box. We're handling this through emails and I am sure it will be cleared up quickly. With that said....

I am officially closing this swap!size=18>color=green>
    Thank you all for making this so much fun! As always, I had a really great time hosting this group and look forward to the next one! You are all a wonderful group of friends, both newly met and those I have had the pleasure of spending time with for the last year and a half :) Thank you all so much for all of the fun and wonderful thoughts, prayers and conversations :)

Dan, I'm mailing you the host log :)

Kathy

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

I know this swap is closed but I wanted to send a big THANK YOU to Annie whose box I received yesterday. She sent me a huge bag of fertilizer spikes for tomatoes, a writing pad with pen, gardening gloves a chocolate bar, m&m bag and some very tasty chocolate mini bars (super yummy!). as well as 2 sharpie markers and some very wanted seeds: poppy lilac pompom, poppy peony white cloud, black swan, thai silk and rose campion.

Thank you so much Annie! and Thank you Kathy and Melissa and Joan for having made me feel very special with all of your gifts!!!

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What wonderful surprises you got, Monica! I am so glad that you're pleased with everything! And my thanks again to Melissa, Joan and Annie for helping me put this together :)

Happy Mother's Day to all of you, whether you're a mother in fact, a mother in waiting or a spiritual mother, you are all very special! Even our male 'moms' :)

Kathy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Carrie has a DC# 0308 2690 0000 9786 9786 7821

sorry I am a a few days later then I posted above.