SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasper_5a

a last attempt - pics of my sick maters

jasper_5a
18 years ago

I have read these forums, books, websites etc. and still haven't decided what is wrong with my plants. It sounds ALMOST like about 10 different things but not entirely like anything. Sigh.

The yellowing started about 2 weeks ago on the lower branches, spreding upwards. Discolouration seems to begin at the leaf margins. Then, brown patches appear, but I don't think they look circular for the most part. Kind of papery?

No signs of infestations. It has been so hot and humid that I thought maybe mildew was the culprit early on, and used a sulphur spray about 1 week ago which did nothing. This accounts for the white in the photos.

I am in zone 5a (Ottawa, Ontario). The plants are "Fantastic" which I have never tried before, my nursery was a bit sad in terms of variety this year...I also have two Viva Italia plum plants next to them and they showed no signs until this evening.

Please help me figure out what this is, I know it's almost impossible, especially without seeing them in person, but I only have 4 plants and really want some to survive. Thanks.

Image link:

Comments (4)