SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kenyadenola_gw

I planted peas but can't figure out the trellis

kenyadenola
17 years ago

I have not read any book s on SFG and don't practice it the way most people do. I just like the idea of planting in squares in order to fit more and use all of my space. When I plant I just mark off 12 x 12 squares and follow the spacing recommendations given in the FAQ.

My problem is that I have planted 6 squares so far of Green Arrow peas. I planted them 8 to a square. I am wondering, how do I rellis that. I know how to trellis when everything is in rows, but since these are planted in square like this:

x x x x

x x

x x x x

I can't even begin to figure out how I would trellis these. Do I need to give each one a string to climb or will they all lean towards a panel I can put in back and climb up that? But if they do that they will be all clumped together first. As you can tell, there wasn't a whole lot of forsight put in to this particular planting.

Also, since I have been reading some of the past posts having to do with peas, I do realize that six squares is a lot, but I like to freeze my vegetables for use during the off season of growing. One of my requirements for growing is that it should be something that I can either can or freeze so that I don't have to buy them at Whole Foods and pay an arm and a leg for something organic that I could have grown myself.

Any help would be great.

Kenya

Comments (2)

Sponsored