SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_in_pnw

Territorial Seed Company/USDA Seeds

Mary_in_pnw
18 years ago

Went to a really interesting presentation by a rep from the Territorial Seed company last week.

We were able to discuss tomatoes a bit before and after his talk. He said Territorial is pulling tomato varieties out of the USDA for trialing. Anything they think interesting or tasty enough could end up in their catalogue.

I asked him if they planned on crossing any tomatoes to create either hybrids or o.p.s. He said that did not seem likely right now.

I ordered three tomato varieties that sounded intriguing and some flower seeds.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that it sounds like they are doing some serious digging and I encouraged him to try lots. That people like us would be supportive of their efforts if they found some really delicious tomatoes.

May even enter their taste-off. I would think Earl's Faux would knock off all competition. Depends on the weather in September.

I hope this post does not get me in trouble. I do not own any part of Territorial nor do I work for them. Rescuing old seed is something so many of us talk about that i thought folks might like to know about this. I suppose a lot of companies must do it, but I never gave it much thought.

Best to all.

Mary

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living