SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

UPDATE: 2nd Annual 'Adopt a Newbie' #2

hazelnutbunny
15 years ago

2nd THREAD

FOR NEWBIES:color>

1~ The definition of a "Newbie" is anyone that has been a member of garden web for 3 months or lesscolor> AND has few, if any, plants to trade. Also, someone who could use a few pointers, tips and ideas for his/her garden.

2~ The Newbie will be adopted by ONE (1) experienced gardener.

3~ The Newbie will be required to send a box of gardening gifts to his/her adoptive gardener, in exchange for a box of seeds, plants & good gardening advice. This box can contain gardening tools, magazines, gloves, lotions, decorations, windchimes....anything pertaining to gardening & things that your adoptive gardener will enjoy & find useful.

4~ The Newbie will send his/her box out in the month of APRIL, to be received by his/her E.G. BEFORE the end of that month.

FOR EXPERIENCED GARDENERS:color>

1~ An experienced gardener is someone who has been on GW for more than 3 months and has seeds, plants and advice to share.

2~ An experienced gardener can adopt up to TWO (2) Newbies, but keep in mind that you will be required to send a box of plants & seeds to each. (when you sign up, please send me an email letting me know how many Newbies you'd like to adopt)

3~ Your box should be sent only AFTER receiving a box from your Newbie. Please make sure that you include growing instructions & tips with your plants/seeds.

4~ The E.G. will send his/her box out in the month of MAY, with the Newbie receiving that box BEFORE the end of the month.

The swap is open until we reach our capacity for Newbies (i.e.: as long as we have enough E.G.'s to adopt the Newbies, we'll take new sign-ups.) Right now, we're nearly at full capacity. We will take NEWBIE alternates, though, in case one or more Newbies does not fulfill their requirements.

I ask that all Newbies please send me an email, containing your address, zone & plant/seed preferences (if any).color>

PLEASE keep in mind that the Experienced Gardeners will do their best to send you things that you will like, but THIS IS NOT A WISH FULFILLING SWAP, and it is NOT possible to give you your hearts desire. (however much we may wish to do so.) :O)

OUR LIST SO FAR:size>

NEWBIES:

1~ Cindy (cjcjmass) **

2~ Deb (murphysmom)**

3~ Mary (prayerrock)

4~ Carrie (barefoot contessa) **

5~ Timmy (timmyhotwheels) **

6~ Nichol (gardenmom2) **

7~ Sherry (weineydog8) **

8~ Patti (patti1957) **

9~ Joseph (jdkind) **

10~ Matt (Matthewhenry) **