SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ribbit32004

raised beds at ace..and i went ot in my own post

ribbit32004
15 years ago

I noticed in the flier I got this afternoon that Ace has 6X6 raised bed "frame/kit" for $30.00.

Doesn't sound too shabby although 6X6 sounds a bit difficult to get in the middle of.....They show a picture, bu you really can't see much under the foliage of what they show planted. Figure I might go this weekend and check them out even though I don't have any more space.

I already put two more boxes, one for blueberry bushes and another 6X2 box for god only knows what on the side of the house...the neighbors are really going to love that one.

So the space gets 8 hours of sun (more than anything else). The boy is dying for corn, but I think I need something a bit more eye appealing for the side of the house. I was thinking bush beans or cucumbers...any ideas of an "attractive" veggie (no trellis), altough, EG, there is a slight slope...very slight for which I could use your methods to correct. :)

Also, thought to mention we're one short in the garden now. The tomato muncher is still alive and well and already deheadded four tomato plants this year alone, but I put down our malamute, Vladimir, yesterday. He had obviously had a stroke in the last week and had a massive, massive seizure yesterday morning. Most definetly not the first, just the first we had seen. It was most likely a brain tumor or lesion of some sort. The doctor kept trying to tell me he could be kept alive for 3 weeks or so, and I actually had to convince the doctor I was okay with putting him down.

So, there will be no more random dog paw prints in the garden from an oblivious dog who doesn't know how to turn around between the beds, no more mix dug out of the beds, no more chewbaca-esque howling for food, no more prancing, happy puppy dog faces.

We made THE right decision. Of that, there is no doubt. He was scared, afraid, and pleading for answers with his eyes.

Sorry to go on, but this was rather theraputic. Sooooo, help me grieve and plan what to put in this 2X6 bed in Vladimir's memory.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH