SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pappu_gw

Sweet Chariot: An incredible bedding rose!

pappu
17 years ago

I planted tiny plants from chamblees this spring in a bed that I originally made for annuals. I wanted something short and ground hugging, because I am planning a row of taller roses behind this bed and I did not want the front row of roses to cover the ones in the bed behind. I also wanted a rose with a different 'texture' to add interest to the masses of floribundas I have planted in the front yard. Something which would bloom all year, hardy and is healthy and vigorous and hugs the ground. Sweet Chariot is the perfect rose and more for the requirements above. Thank you Morden man, Digger Dave (havent seen them around here in ages) for suggesting this rose. The tiny bands took off like crazy and have almost covered the bed. Arching canes droop with the weight of the clusters of blooms and dont block the view behind. In the heat of mid august, they are covered in blooms, I can only imagine what the spring flush will be like. I spray once a month and not a hint of disease. They are ignored by spider mites and JBs too. The mass effect is beautiful with multitone blooms...deep pink, purple-lavender then white before they drop cleanly. I have never deadheaded them and they dont need to be deadheaded. The icing on the cake...they are very fragrant! I am so glad that I chose this one for yet one more mass planting...

{{gwi:260395}}

Comments (28)