SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachelthepoet

Snake Plant--Accident/Roots Question

rachelthepoet
11 years ago

Hello, everyone! I first posted about my new snake plant a month ago over in the houseplant forum--

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/houseplt/msg1010495718178.html

This weekend, I was dusting/cleaning around my plant area and I accidentally bumped (and by bumped I mean lightly bumped with my hand) my snake plant. It almost completely came out of the pot. I repositioned it, but this really surprised me/shocked me. I know that my soil is loose and that snake plants are traditionally slow growing, but I would think that in almost a month's time, any plant would've spread out its roots at least a little bit so it wasn't THIS wobbly.

Since the weekend, my snake plant has continued to lean, even as I've tried to adjust it and straighten it out. Here's a pic of how it looked this morning. (Cameo by Bogie the cat in the background! Sorry the background is a little dark--still dark and cloudy here!). Also, on the right side of the picture, I'm not sure you can see it, but there looks like a stringy dried up root is actually coming out of the top on that side.

Is there something wrong with the roots? Did I seriously traumatize my snake plant by bumping it?

I've been watering about every three weeks. It is in medium to low light now that the days are getting a little darker. I can't think of any other info. that I need to let you know right now. THANKS!

Comments (19)