SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildmonster

pl. help with over-watered golden hahnii

wildmonster
20 years ago

Greetings everyone!

This is my very first post (but I have been reading and learning a lot from others posts)! This is also my first attempt at nurturing some houseplants :-)! I only have ones for Âbeginners  philodendron, Chinese evergreen, purple passion, etc. And a few small sans too. Touch wood, all of them seem fine for the past couple of months.....

But now I have two new over-watered golden hahnii, and I am panicking!! A kind friend, hearing of my new plant interest and wish for a golden hahnii, went out of her way to mail me two..... But when the parcel arrived last week, I discovered with dismay that the poor plants had several flabby leaves, brownish wet stems and roots! Perhaps I should have exposed their bare roots and left them to dry (they came in plastic pots and the soil was wet)..... But I planted them in terra cotta pots with a dry loose soil mix. Now after 5 days the roots are still moist and a couple of leaves are still soft..... ThatÂs why I am at a loss!

Should I simply lay them without soil on a warm sunny spot to dry out? How dry should the roots be? Almost pale colored and ÂcrispyÂ? Roughly how many days? Or are the little hahnii beyond hope? (I do want to save them; the 6-7 leaves on each still look okay......)

I look forward to your wonderful advice, and thanks very much!

Comments (3)