SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stevation

I'm separated from my garden now!

stevation
14 years ago

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I have regularly posted here! You have always been a very supportive group, and I want to thank you for all the garden help I received over the years. So, here's the news:

I'm separated from my wife now. She's going to keep the garden, I mean the house :), if she can work out the financing, so I've moved out. It's been about a month now. I miss my garden! I do go over there three times a week to see the kids, because I'm just staying with friends so far and don't have a place of my own to bring the kids. And I still mow her lawn and take care of as much as I can over there every Saturday morning. She calls me "Esteban the gardener" when I do that on Saturdays. Probably the only funny thing between us right now. :)

Anyway, this has been building up for some time, and it's really part of the reason I haven't been as active on the forum or on my garden blog for the past year or so. Been very distracted by problems in the personal life! I'm really not sad about being away from my wife, but I am sad mostly about the kids and then also about losing my "half acre of paradise." I'll have a nice condo starting 10/1, but no garden. By next spring, it'll have pots on the back deck, though! And the place has some KILLER views of the Salt Lake Valley, so I'm happy to get it. Nature trails start just 100 feet from my door, too. It'll be good. I'll adapt.

I hope you are all doing well!

Steve

Comments (9)