SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

Small and Early-Ripening Peppers

13 years ago

The smallest size (nearest the cellphone camera) is Thai Hot. I have a new variety this year (black from the get-go) but will go only with the regular little guys in the future.

Super Chili is in the next bucket. (Those are 3 gallon buckets, by the way, not 5 gallon size.) Super Chili is often grown as an ornamental . . . okay, that's appropriate - they are cute. But, I have little trouble from these guys. As a hot pepper, they are consistently productive.

Jalapeno M is on the top. Ripening is, of course, a little different for jalapenos. I pick them just as they start to show that "veining," or just a little before. They seem to "bulk up" a little and that's the time to grab them.

To the left is Fushimi Sweet. Not a hot even if they look like they might be. I don't know what they'd be like after a color change. Why wait? They are great green!

And . . . the rest of the peppers are coming off green but, that's okay. The Giant Marconi may ripen if there's another week of warmth but actually turning red will have to happen indoors.

Steve :o)

Comments (5)