SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the_bustopher

some more for your consideration

Introducing Act I. The first of the ones for today's batch of pictures is Barbara Streisand who has been growing reasonably well in her spot in the ground.

The next one was hiding in the shadows. It is Blackberry Nip, a rose more purple than showing in the picture. It also wants to open fully on the quick side. It has nicely formed flowers with a rich color.

The next one is still here only because I haven't dug it out. It is a thorny octopus, but the flowers do smell nice. It is DA's Fisherman's Friend.

The next one is a rather pleasant surprise since it has been coming along. It is Golden Zest. It also smells nice.

It is intermission time. It's time to look at another clematis. I love the color on this one. It's just that the other roses around it that are yellow, pink, and orange are not open yet to properly contrast with the color.

Now for act II. Imagine a highly fragrant hybrid tea in yellow, and you might come up with this one that just happened to be out there within range of my camera, Lemon Spice.

The next one, a sort of fuchsia colored floribunda called News did very little until I dug it up and moved it to a better spot. It made all the difference in the world.

The next one turned out to be a nice little rose also, the floribunda Old Port. It is also one in the group of purples that I have.

If this is an opera, then it is time for the fat lady to sing the aria because the next one is a show-off wannabe. This is the second year for this variety of which I have three. Last year I wondered why I bought three of them, but the color is improved this year. The flower size looks good also. This is the Austin variety Summer Song. All three plants are well budded out and appear to be doing well, at least so far.

I hope you like these. Please let me know what you think.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer