SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
naturegirl_2007

My first GardenWeb photos-Wenk's Yellow Hots & maybe others

All your great chili pepper pictures inspired me to try doing more with my photos that just looking at them on my computer screen. Thanks you all....I think. Hopefully, I've got most of the photo stuff figured out now.

Here's a photo of some Wenk's Yellow Hots Peppers in varying stages of ripeness. They were started by a high school horticulture class. When school let out for the summer they ended up in a garden I was tending. Several other varieties also landed there from various sources and are all growing very well, unlike the tomatoes which got hit with blight(I think) and all died in two days.

The chili peppers have captivated me with their beauty and variety. Unfortunately, I can't stand to eat more than tiny nibbles or small amounts in some cooking. I don't know how you can use any number of these, but obviously many of you do :) I've learned to wear gloves or else avoid touching eyes, etc. until my hands have been "decontaminated". Fortunately, that lesson wasn't toooo painful. I've given lots of peppers to people I know and to a couple food pantries. The pantries reported some clients were very surprised and happy to get fresh hot peppers.

Meanwhile I enjoy picking them and looking at them....is that pathetic?

Here is a link that might be useful: Wenk's Yellow Hots

Comments (6)

Sponsored