SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksgreenman

More late May roses

ksgreenman
10 years ago

Since I'm posting this from work I'm not sure how many I'll be able to post until I have to stop, but I'm starting with the oldest and working my way towards the newest ones.

Freddie Mercury, the same blossom over three days.

Leonie Lamesch

{{gwi:283038}}

Circus. This is one that always amazed me as a child in my aunt's garden, the aunt who gave me so many perenienial starts. I still have the Yarrow she gave me starts of.

a band of Barbara Oliva--it smelled really great too!

Sir Thomas Lipton. He actually looks better as a whole bush than his individual flowers. Most aren't as well-formed as the one I photographed.

Eugene de Beauharnais (or maybe it Le Grand Capitain). Love the blossoms, lovely fragrance, plant is a bit small and fragile.

Aunt Margy's Rose

Distant Drums--one of the last blooms of its first flush

Alba Suaveolens (of commerce, I guess)

Cecile Brunner

Cafe Ole--most blooms are the light lavender of the second photo, not the light tan of the first. The plant itself is super fragile, has almost defoliated from blackspot since these were taken. I hope it survives, this is alreay the second one I've had. Don't know if I'll get a third.

Letchworth Centenary. One of only two grafted roses I still have, because I love the blooms and can't find it ungrafted--or anywhere, really, since Palatine doesn't ship here anymore.

Pluto, or Hurdy Gurdy. another one really hit badly by blackspot, but it is larger so will probably survive.

Duplex, still going strong. It was one of the earlier roses to start blooming.

Finally a blossom of Geranium Red worthy of posting. My very favorite rose, and favorite fragrance as well.

Careless Love, a rose I've wanted since I saw it in the Henry Fields nursery catalog when I was 10.

Brown Velvet. I keep trying to tell people this rose is orange, not brown or russet.

Bambino, an orange miniature

the miniature Sachet

Unconditional Love, another rose I'm quite fond of. the blossoms last a very long time on the bush.

The miniature Y2K, which is looking really healthy this year.

Angel Face.

Spanish Rhapsody, should be able to take pictures of fully opened blooms tonight but may not be able to post them until tomorrow, if the board don't fix the sign in problem.

Darlow's Enigma

Eugenie de Guinoisseau. Another that should be fully open by tonight, very mossy buds.

another blossom of Geranium Red, a day later and a bit more orange than the one above.

Bubblebath

Kazanlik. The fragrance was a bit disapointing. I was expecting something fabulous, but really I have a lot more fragrant roses than this.

Applejack, on the other hand, did have a fabulous fragrance. this first one is a bit battered from opening in the rain, the second was freshly opened this morning, but unfortunately they only stay looking that nice about an hour.

Lauren.
{{gwi:283032}}

Sequoia Greenfield. I noticed she doesn't have any pictures on HMF either, so I'll take care of that tonight.

{{gwi:283043}}

La Belle Sultane. Another truly fabulous fragrance.

Gruss an Coberg, one of my favorites last year. The fragrance seems more intense in the heat of summer that it is right now.

Zephirine Drouhin, always smelling wonderous.

That's all I have uploaded to photobucket, which I have to do at home. If I have to keep uploading photos at home and posting them at work this will become troublesome.

Comments (13)