SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

2010 Lopsided, Lumpy Garden Part I

serenasyh
13 years ago

Umm, I only did single bloom shots except for one photo, because my full shot garden would bring horror to most people's eyes, lol! Here is my Lumpy Garden.

Compassion (a rose inspired by Florence):

Tiffany:

My most fragrant and beloved rose is Lincoln. He is a rose that is a prolific bloomer in my garden, how I love him! It actually has a gorgeous spiraling exhibition form but after the bloom ages you get this lively and comical huge grapefruit bloom remaining. But when the bloom is fresh, it will spiral! Sadly I missed out on quite a few shots because of all the rainstorms we've had.

Lady Emma Hamilton (I ordered her way back in March 2009, ironically the 3rd rose I had ordered when I first started growing roses-she had been out-of-stock at the time).

Ghislaine de Feligonde, my first blooming antiques rose. A beautiful, sweet scent and so charming and healthy.

Viking Queen (inspired by Florence). My Viking Queen band from Long Ago Roses is my absolute favorite new rose because it is such a precious Little Beauty. (I have 14 new roses). The leaves are the most gorgeous pristine green and it is the one rose that I get so excited about. It is actually 1'1" but you can't tell because of the angle of the rose.

Distant Drums is a special gift from Jim1961. It has such a soft pale Water Lily blooms. When the bloom ages it takes on tea and a yellow maize hue. A very unique, special rose. A huge hugs and thank you to Jim, my wonderful and oh so patient, fun rose friend with the biggest heart!

Folklore (a rose inspired by Markiz). Folklore will soon be a total winner. The form reminds me so much of my beloved, dead Gemini tree rose in how beautiful it can be. And the fragrance is second to Lincoln.

Aromatherapy:

And finally, I had to include my little Border Collie Eluane and our war against the Evil Bunny. I had to destroy the look of my garden with this horrid mesh fencing. This is my full shade garden section where Penny Lane is at (this brave rose is completely drowned out by all these companion plants) but it almost BS free and is recovering really well from the rabbit attack (three basal canes were eaten-vanished completely). Penny Lane has three developing buds currently and is a truly shade-tolerant rose. In this shot, Penny Lane is playing hide-and-seek. It's blockaded by my potted Frederick Mistral and my lumpy Mountain Laurel (why in the heck it's blooming mid-section is so silly, haha). And to the right of Penny Lane are my Asiatic lilies and the rhododendron. Poor Penny Lane, but what a trooper it is!

P.S. Speaking of Eluane, I can't resist adding Eluane's Happy Birthday photo as well. Here she is; I am hoping to get a blessing from Jesus and Mary for her special birthday year, lol! This was taken at a Catholic church on May 7th...

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert