SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
then_then_gw

Why would my healthiest plant suddenly die?

then_then
16 years ago

This actually happened a few weeks ago, but I thought I might ask here to prevent the same thing from happening again... So, I was growing 2 Thai Dragon's over the summer and at some point one of the plants really strengthened and grew into one of the best plants I have ever grown - it was quite laden with peppers, bushy, and seemed to be in the best shape even during some long dry periods. Anyway, fast forward to labor day weekend. I took a three day vacation - it was quite a hot and humid weekend - and when I came back all of the leaves were wilted and the peppers soft. The odd thing was that my whole pepper garden is in one spot and all the other plants were fine. Anyway, I thought that perhaps it needed water... but nothing worked. The plant was dead! I made the most of it - I picked all the peppers, green and red, and strung them up to dry, but I can't work out how something like this happened. Any of you more expert gardeners have any tips?

Oh, hey, for the people who are ending up with peppers lacking heat, I think the problem is when you plant the seeds.. don't plant too early!

Comment (1)

Sponsored