SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Some garden combinations

12 years ago

If you are like me, you sometimes enjoy seeing roses growing in the garden surrounded by other plants. Here's a couple from my most recent photo jaunt of my garden.

Dublin Bay climber (background) and Braveheart shrub (foreground) complement each other well (with some other HTs in between), and the little white geraniums at their feet contrast so effectively. I love these red and white combinations. (Ignore my neighbor's junk in background. The new Queens of Sweden planted over there will grow up and at least partially block out that unpleasant sight!)

Another shot, taken down lower so neighbors junk can't be seen.

{{gwi:228928}}

Here's what that hedge of Queen of Sweden will look like. I've got one full-sized one over there along the neighbor's boundary line and just planted two new baby versions of Queen of Sweden over there also. Should make a spectacular hedge when they all grow up, don't you think?

{{gwi:218931}}

Here's a Monochromatic Study in Pink--Mortimer Sackler (tall Austin rose in background), Mayflower (Austin, second tallest rose on left), Our Lady of Guadalupe (smaller floribunda on the right), and an unknown peony (shorter bush in center) that was on the property when I moved here 25 years ago (I'm guessing it is Bowl of Beauty peony--very popular --deservedly-- at one time). I don't usually go for monochromatic groupings, but this one seems quite effective--due to different heights and types of plants? I will be planting Easter Basket (when it finally arrives by mail) in front of those two shorter plants. Easter Basket is whitish yellow with a light pink flush--will provide some contrast there.

{{gwi:328592}}

I might have shown a variation on this photo before, but this one particularly captures my neighbor's Knock Out rose forming a lovely background for my roses (pink Earth Song and yellow Molineux). Nice to have a neighbor who gardens and thus provides background for your roses! LOL

{{gwi:259578}}

Aren't gardens a fun way to celebrate spring!

Kate

Comments (9)