SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningglovequilter

my happy little combination container/ground garden

MiMi
10 years ago

I posted earlier in the season asking advice on growing tomatoes in containers. Due to having surgery I could not prepare the ground like I wanted. This is in a flower bed that I took a huge shrub out of, sprayed the stump with round up. I planted 5 tomatoes in Lowe's buckets with Miracle Grow potting soil. Actually, the 11 year old granddaughter planted them for me, she helped put the soil in the buckets then planted the plants by herself after me telling her how. I left them on the deck for about a month so I could water them easier, with a pitcher and water from my water garden. I had my husband set them out in this flower bed for me.. then I got to worrying I did not have enough plants so I stuck two in the ground in between two of the buckets. Then just for fun I stuck two cucumber plants in between two other buckets... then just for more fun planted two bush green bean plants. This little garden seems to be very happy..... the tomatoes are growing leaps and bounds, blooming and producing tomatoes like crazy. Either this fall or next spring I intend to have some raised beds built, but for this summer it seems to be working...

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting