SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pookyspal

Spring Garden Envy in Colorado!

pookyspal
17 years ago

This is the time when a good laugh is in order. Here is an excerpt that appeared in our local newspaper (Gazette.com) last Thursday. Written by Carol McGraw, I hope she doesn't mind my sharing the wisdom of her words... they sure struck a chord with me: "It's early spring -- the season when friends from Southern California, Texas and Florida start calling to razz you about how their lettuce and radishes are almost ready, the tomato plant looks as if it belongs in 'Jack and the Beanstalk' and, alas, the tulips are already fading since they've been up so long.

Warning! Don't respond with curses about 20-degree nights and April Snowstorms.

Tell those fair weather friends 'Oh what a shame. Are you pulling that heavy garden hose around the north 40? And weeding?"

Then paint a warm, fuzzy picture of you relaxing by a fire with a glass of wine, reading luscious garden catalogs, or meandering leisurely through local plant stores in search of the perfect plants and tools."

To make the vision complete, she lists some of the new items for "this year's garden party."

Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did. I'm pouring a glass of wine, smelling the Easter ham cooking and giving ongoing respect to those tough little perennials that are out there just soaking up this ice and snow for their glorious show to follow. Hang in there!

Pookyspal

Comments (2)