SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aloha2009

2011 Spring Swap Lives On!

12 years ago

Finding this site just prior to the Spring 2011 Swap, everything and everyone I met was new to me. Since we purchased a barren piece of land, I had nothing to bring. With so much generosity I did not come home empty handed.

I don't remember who gave me what but most everything is thriving!

My yarrow is multiplying like crazy. I've heard it was easy to grow but I never expected that. My dead nettle (my favorite ground cover) has grown at least 4x the size I started with. The iceplant is gorgeous along with the hens and chicks. There's 3 sedum I can't remember the names of that are growing quite well along with a columbine that is nice and healthy.

Though I can't personally thank the specific person, I'm sure you know who you are. The GW gardens continue to beautify more gardens. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the spring 2013 swap (I have to work for the 2012 swap) and bring a few of these offshoots along for other newbies (and oldbies if they don't have them yet) to start their gardens.

Getting starts from friends and family mean so much more to me then purchasing them at the store. It's so much more personal then when I get a plant from whatever nursery.

On a side note, my DD who isn't into gardening (yet) had some irisis that they had dug up during their demolition of their backyard. Since they were going to toss them I took them home and planted them. As many of you know would expect they are doing quite well too. Those will always be the iris that I saved from a most certain death. I have no idea what color they are, so it will be a delightful surprise when they bloom in a few weeks.

Comments (3)