SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

Glad to find this Site

jane__ny
17 years ago

I have 4 Plumeria cuttings I bought from QVC back in March. I knew nothing about these plants, but the guy showing them on the show made them look like a 'no brainer' which bloomed all summer. I placed an order. No planting instructions, etc. I stuck them in large containers I have on my deck which I fill with annuals. They were waxed sticks and a tag said to stick them in dirt and to water once and no further watering until I saw growth. Well, April was wet, rained and rained. It was also cold. I didn't plant my annuals until the end of May because the weather was so bad. There was no sign of life on the sticks.

Long story shorter, the finally sent out leaves in June and they grew but never bloomed. Large glossy leaves and I really neglected them as they were in large containers filled with Petunias, geraniums, etc.

Question is - what do I do with them? The containers they are in are very large and I can't move them. Should I dig them up and repot into smaller pots? They are quite large, like trees. It's been cold here at night, down to 30's a few nights, but they seem fine.

I was going to just let them go and write QVC to tell them these plants never flowered. Now after reading all your posts, I'm thinking I may try to save them.

Sorry this is so long, but would like an opinion.

Jane

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets