SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kiosan

Newbie Intro

kiosan
16 years ago

Hi Folks,

Not sure how most intros go here (I do hope they aren't considered off-topic. If so, I apologize) so I'll just ramble a bit. :-)

My name is Jennifer. I'm married with two small boys. We've lived near the Georgia Horsepark for about 5 years, but bought a real fixer-upper. We've been concentrating on the inside up until this past year and have only spent about 2 seasons on the yard and garden. We're on a couple of acres. About half is wooded with lots of pine, while a good portion of the rest seems to get full sun. I'm interested in planting as much native as I can - both for maintenance and to keep the woodland areas as a habitat for all the critters.

We moved from Memphis. USDA shows it as the same zone, but I'm finding stuff I found tough to grow there is classed as invasive here (English ivy, for one) - too late, of course, as I'd already planted some. [/ramble]

I'm glad to find this site. Looking forward to getting to know you all and gathering (non-invasive!) ideas for our little corner of the earth!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville