SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shoontok

Hot Pepper powder

shoontok
12 years ago

Howdy

Ive been harvesting alot of hot peppers this year. So i decided to try making my own hot pepper flakes/powder for the first time. I put about 100 hot peppers of various kinds in a dehydrator and dried em out over the past couple days til they were nice and brittle.

The peppers i dried were a mixed batch of Cayenne, Thai, Chile de Arbol, Peruvian Serlano, Tabasco, Habanero, Bhut, Maui Purple, Aji Limon, Pequin.

Well after i dried em out and de-stemmed all of them i put them in a small blender and proceeded to chop them up into a nice flaky, powdery consistency.

Here is the where i f'ed up!!!! When i opened the lid of the blender, some airborn powder wafted up toward my face and i began sneezing violently after the sneezing attack was over, my nose began emitting quantities of running mucous as well as my eyes tearing uncontrollably. I think next time i shall open the lid and walk away for a few minutes til things settle down a bit or wear a respirator, lol.

Just thought id share that with ya all ;)

Now i think im gonna test this product again by ordering a pizza delivery and ingest this product orally instead of inhalation :)

Jim

Comments (23)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH