SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gynot

Ghost Pepper Seeds and Cloning Gel

gynot
11 years ago

About 6 months ago I was in a small family owned nursery to pick up a few supplies, when the owner and I got on the topic of hot peppers. From the age of 4 I can't recall a meal without some form of hot pepper or hot pepper powder or sauce at the table to light my fire. My mouth watered as she told me about the Ghost Pepper. Granted, I probably won't eat one, but since peppers are easy to grow why not play and add it to this years experiments.

She said that she had a real tough time getting one started from seed, but once growing it's thriving. She showed it to me and it looked great. My mouth watered some more.

What helped her out the most was a cloning gel by Rootech. I've never known anything about starting seeds except for the damp paper towel trick in a Ziplock or potting them and sticking them window. I bought a small container for $3 and she gave me a dried pepper to extract the seeds from. The down side is I can't recall how to use this gel on a seed. I Googled it and just found things pertaining to cloning marijuana seedlings.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? I assume apply some gel to a seed, but then what steps next? What do I look for? How soon to plant in soil? Light?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (14)

Sponsored