SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glok_gw

He got a job, I got bulbs and bare roots!!!

glok
15 years ago

I was so bad yesterday! We went down to the Springs and I got lots of Spring bulbs/bare roots! Almost 200.00 worth. So... my question is, when will be the best time to plant most of these in 6" pots to get a jump start until I can plant them in the yard??? I got: Cinnamon and Lady Fern for the shady places under the pine trees. Pink and white Bleeding Hearts to plant with some Lady's mantle (Wintersown) in the front shaded bed. Stargazer Lillies, Stella de' Oro's and Oriental Lilies to go into a bit sunnier area... plus some dwarf canna's and tuberose to use in pots with other annuals that are being winter sown. Should I plant the peonies in pots or just wait for the real spring to get here since I know they don't like their roots messed with! We'll be making a couple of raised beds (with hoop houses if I can push my luck, for the asparagus and strawberry plants. I have had so much fun this winter just looking over my yard and dreaming of what will look good where. I also have a lot of plants on order from Michigan bulbs that will get here in April, such as Ostrich fern for some really blah areas that need something big!

This year is going to be a real learning experience for me and I can't wait!!

Thanks for any suggestions!

glo

Comments (6)