SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

A view from the web!

Has this ever happened to any of you?

Who ever woulda thunk that the World Wide Web could make some VERY ordinary pictures VERY popular! When I was just looking up pictures to link on the Winter Sowing thread I was clicking back and forth on my pics to find the views I wanted, and as I was going by one picture I thought I saw that it said there had been 800-and-some views! Assumed I had been seeing things, but went back to look anyway. I was right! EIGHT HUNDRED THIRTY EIGHT people have viewed one of my VERY ordinary pictures! I went, what the......... When I post something here on RMG, itÂs usually viewed by between 20 and 60 peopleÂNOT 800!

The two picturesÂover 800 for the one and almost 700 views for the other oneÂwere of the Blackie sweet potato vine pictures I had posted when I was overwintering them in Â08. Trying to figure out why SO many people were looking at these particular pictures, I googled Blackie sweet potato vine and went to images! Nothing thereÂat least not on the first several pages. Then I googled it with gardenweb added, and, lo and behold my pictures were the third and sixth pictures on the first page! Wow! I think IÂve mentioned before how weird it feels when you go looking for pictures of something and wind up finding your own pictures! ItÂs just always VERY unexpected when it happens to me!

But at that point I decided that there probably werenÂt too many people googling sweet potato vine with gardenweb, so I was still trying to figure out how they were getting to it. I googled the sweet potato vine with "overwinter," and thatÂs where theyÂre finding it. One picture was on the first page, and one was on the third page! Wow! I never have figured out how google searches are "ordered," and now I REALLY wonder how itÂs done!

Some day IÂm gonna need to take the time to look thru some of my other albums to see if any of my other pictures are zooming around the world!

Has anybody else around here ever noticed that some of their pictures have been looked at overandoverandover...........?

WOW! Double WOW! My google searches are done "through" AOL, so I was just wondering if a "real" google search would come up with the same thing. When I tried it (overwinter blackie sweet potato vine), that gardenweb thread came up as the SECOND result on the FIRST page! I didnÂt even have to go to the images page!

Does anybody around here know how the search results are prioritized when youÂre looking for something?

I am absolutely blown away with what IÂve found!

Skybird

Comments (6)