SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Newbie Here: Introducing Myself

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

I've just found this forum and am glad to find fellow RM gardeners that I can relate to. I'm a regular on the GW Decorating, Holiday and Kitchens forums.

The planting conditions here in the mountains north of Albuquerque are tough, with our ground full of boulders and crummy soil; hot, dry summers; cold-but-fairly mild winters; voracious rabbits, deer and coyote; lots of cacti, pinon pine trees, juniper . . . and not much rainfall.

We've lived here in this home for the past 15 years. Before that we lived in the suburbs of north Albuquerque for ten years. Before that, I lived in Michigan, where gardening is a cinch.

I'm married and have two kids, a son just finishing grad school out of state and a DD who's almost 15. Two dogs: a dobie who's 3 y/o and a little 12 lb Tibetan Spaniel. The Tibbie would love to have a back yard where she's safe from coyotes. The dobie would love one that he can run around in. We're hoping to have a 5ft (or so) wall built around part of our backyard this coming Spring . . . if the economy picks up a bit. I've posted a couple of pics on the Who's Here in 2009 thread. I'll post a few here, so that they're easy to see.

Many thanks for allowing me to join your group!

Lynn

Backyard area is pretty much all natural . . . and unsafe for little Chloe to wander around in:

{{gwi:1188699}}

Front Portal has terraced beds off both sides of it:

{{gwi:1188701}}

Walled Garden keeps out coyotes and rabbits, but is fairly small:

{{gwi:48311}}

{{gwi:1188703}}

Comments (14)