SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cologal_gw

Happy dog + 1 plumie= 1plumie & one small cutting

cologal
16 years ago

At the beginning of the summer, my daughter's lab and her happy tail got too close to my plumie which resulted in a small 8 inch section being lopped off. I thought for sure the section wouldn't survive. (hardly seems fitting to call it a cutting since the dog decapitated it) My daughter plopped it in her fish tank for a while to try to keep it alive. I transferred it to a cup of water where it tried valiantly to put out leaves. They died back once then a little later put out leaves that have stayed around now for the last couple months. Low & behold, roots began to shoot out of that little plumie! One root seems to be bound & determined to escape the confines of the little cup it was in & is almost 2-1/2" long. I thought I'd read here to put the cutting in only an inch of water but that root keeps trying to reach the surface! There are a bunch of other roots coming out too. But being so late in the season, I'm not sure what to do with it. I don't have one of those seed mats I've read about & not sure whether planting it would be a good idea. Though it's in a sunny window now, Colorado's cold weather is coming soon. Any advice? If I do plant it, how do I go about doing this? I've read somewhere on this forum that the roots are very fragile. Will it be ok to go from it's little glass of water to soil? My daughter is getting ready to move out on her own & would like to take this little plumie with her.

Comment (1)