SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbara_schwarz_gw

I'm devastated......

Barbara_Schwarz
20 years ago

I need to weep on line.... just a little....though I've already made this lament in the Cottage Garden Forum.

My neighbor just removed the enormous, absolutely glorious, fuschia colored, bouganvilla that covered our shared fence along one side of my whole back yard ... SOB! It not only covered the fence but it sheltered my potting bench and grew up and over the entire roof of my studio (nee garage) and was such eye candy for the soul. Now everything looks so .....so ...... naked .....sniffle. The reason he removed it? He said that it only bloomed on my side (which was true) and I guess I should take as a compliment of some sort. And I knew that it really wasn't very good for the studio's roof, but it was so unbelievable beautiful.... a mass of pure color ....WAAAAaaaaaaa

But...hiccup ... I guess ... sniffle sniffle ... I now I have an opportunity to plant something new, different, and exciting. My husband doesn't want anything that might encourage the same neighbor's resident population of roof rats to move over and into, so no Morning Glory, Honeysuckle, or Spanish Flag. Dutchman's Pipe would be too buggy, as is Snail Vine and most Passion Flower (whitefly is a nemesis in an organic garden). Jasmine and Trumpet Vine don't bloom all year round and I want flowers, color, scent .... the world! Besides I've got most of those already as well as climbing roses, Wisteria, and a few others that I can't remember in my sorrow.

We can grow almost anything here so the selection is vast. Any favorites that you think I just can't live without? I'm thinking maybe a blue/purple version of the potato vine - it would suit my mood - though it sorely lacks in scent. Maybe something 'exotic' or tropical (Spectre where are yooooooo???)that I can't think of in my current funk.

Oh woe is me!

A most tragically bereft Barbara in Hollywood,

"I'm ready for my close up Mr. DeMille".......

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions