SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smokymist

Why people don't post negatives

SmokyMist
15 years ago

I've been so so busy with business this year I havn't had hardly any time to trade, OR to post. I've missed it, but with the economy the way it is, I just feel blessed to be doing ok.

anyway, I need your opinion and I know you ladies will give it LOL.

I just completed a trade...with a lady who is newly registered in Sept. I wanted to do at least ONE daylily trade this year, so I put my 'babies' up there for trade. I weeded through 6 people who wanted to trade, and picked one that I talked to ( 16 emails back and forth) at length about expectations before finilizing this trade. I had gotten ripped off in early spring and didn't want that to happen again. Although this lady didn't really know the correct terms used in trading daylilies, I went ahead and set this up. She assured me she was sending larger daylilies.

Ok so I dug up and sent fresh daylilies...one really huge fan..and I mean huge, and the rest were medium sizes, but nothing small. I sent them fresh from the garden, wrapped up in newspaper, and labeled each with a name tag.

This is what I get...it made me CRY. I got fans with all the foliage cut completely off, which was not a bad thing, just new to me. Barely wrapped up in newspaper, names written either on the newspaper, or on a scrap of paper thrown in there , which came off of some, so I don't really know what the heck I have. They were so dried up...and the sizes ? Two of them ...the root system was 1" tall . I'm not kidding !! She sent two of the one...so I got two dried up 1" tall daylilies. I opened this box while sitting at my daughter's dance studio and when she came out I was crying, that's how much I had been looking forward to my one good trade this year.

So I email her how unhappy I was about this trade, that I had sent her many emails about what was expected. And you know what ? She sends me back this bogus email that says .... she has complaints about me...I didn't clean all the dirt off the fans I sent her...I didn't trim ALL the green off the fans I sent her ( what the heck ????)...and they were, except for one, all small sizes, AND...they were so shriveled up she was having to soak them. She actually says to me that she is very experienced in trading daylilies, yet says to me ' we agreed not to send roots'. I mean huh ??

Oh..my ..Gosh....I can't believe this person !!! She sent me a really terrible box, and I sent her my lovely daylilies, and she says this ? My daughter, who is older, was right there when I packed that box, and she actually made the comment to me to be careful because I was sending such large fans, to not get ripped off again.

But I did !

So apparently she is not going to fix this. I look and see where she arranged other daylily trades recently. She does not have alot of feedback ( one that I see), and I wonder if that's because people just don't want to leave a negative in fear of retaliatory feedback ?

I don't know what to do. If I leave a negative, she'll go in there, I'm sure and post a big lie about me.

So this is probably why alot of people dont' post negatives.

Should I post what I truthfully feel in her feedback, or just not ?

Cheryl

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths