SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_in_iowa

Now I know why people don't allow pets

linda_in_iowa
13 years ago

As a renter in CA, I was always surprised when owners didn't rent to people with pets, especially cats. In all my years of renting, I always got my full deposit back because my cats caused no damage.

Last night I was part of a small group that did a walk through after one of our parsonages was vacated by a pastor who accepted a new assignment. She had 3 cats and every room in the house with carpet has stains from cat vomit. The house is only about 5 years old and she lived there for 3 years. Unfortunately, when the church purchased the house 3 years ago, it had white carpet through out. We (the Board of Trustees) had planned to clean the carpets ourselves before the new pastor moves in on July 6. We paid over $700 to have the carpets cleaned there a couple of years ago.We can't get the carpets clean so will try tomorrow to find a professional carpet cleaning service that can do them on Monday. We are doing some painting and lots of cleaning. I opened the front loading washer and found the rubber gasket covered with mildew because the door hasn't been left open after it is used. I cleaned it with a bleach solution but it still has mildew stains on it. We will go back tomorrow and do more cleaning.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!