SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barton_gw

Have you started ordering seeds?

barton
16 years ago

The catalogs have started coming. I won't order tomato seeds because I ordered several packs last year and only planted 6 seeds each. So I have plenty.

Marianna's Peace is a keeper! Good sliced, canned, and as juice. I fixed a big pot of chili tonight with a quart of those beauties!

What is your favorite "snow pea"? I will need to order more of those. Last spring was a good cool-season veggie season. The "forellenschuss" lettuce from Seed Savers was really good. I will get more of that.

I loved the burgundy okra from Seed Savers. It is good fried and stays tender even when the pods get long, and not at all prickly. But, I blanched some of those pods to save for soup. They are supposed to turn green when they are cooked. They turned a weird greenish purple. Made me think of a dead octopus or something. The pickles were a strange color also. I need some suggestions on a good green variety. Annie Oakley was too prickly.

Probably no more tomatillos for 2008. I have enough salsa verde canned for the next couple of years.

I want to start an asparagus bed. How do you keep the bermuda out? Looks like once bermuda gets in, it would be impossible to get out without hurting the asparagus.

I did not have great luck with eggplant or squash last year. Too cool?

I need some happy spring thoughts.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting