SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fisannie

childhood memories

fisannie
13 years ago

Hi. I am from Florida, but was fortunate enough to spend a few childhood years in Norman,Ok. I was reminiscing with my sister and became amazed by the things I have forgotten. I hope you can help me to remember a couple of things.

It seems that back in the day(50s ok?) a lot of people planted evergreens in their yards, and I remember these baggy looking things hanging down from the branches. I think my cousin said don't touch it. It's an asp and it will sting you. Does that sound right, or am I getting two memories confused with each other? Is there an asp that that hangs from junipers and does it sting. I have been stung by an asp caterpillar in Florida, but it was white and crawling in a bamboo pot. These things I remember were kind of dark in color like slate grey. Also I seem to remember the name Mexican asp or something like that mentioned quite a bit back then. Now I just made myself even more confused. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so could you please help me sort it all out?

Thank you so much...and Oklahoma, thanks for the memories.

Phyllis

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath