SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Wondering About 'Hidden Identity' Salesmen

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

I am not trying to pick a fight with any specific person who posts on this forum, whether they post a lot or only once in a blue moon. But, I am curious about this.....

When somebody pops in "out of the blue" and recommends a product, am I the only person here who wonders if that person is a real gardener or just a salesperson for one company or another? And, of course, a person could be both.

I just find it interesting when someone recommends a product and that someone is not someone who regularly posts here and discusses gardening with us. Maybe I am just too jaded and cynical.

At least when I mention a product that has worked for me or, conversely, one that has not worked, at least y'all know who I am, you know about my gardening activities, and you know I am a real person sharing real experiences. And it is the same with the rest of you or at least with those of you who post often enough that we "know" you. Sometimes I think some salespeople sneak into some of these online forums and post what is really just a cleverly-disquised pitch for their product.

So, y'all, tell me what you think. Am I being too cynical and too suspicious? If so, I need to work on that, don't I. And, I am not trying to pick on anyone here and don't want to offend anyone. We all mention products that we use and either like or don't like, and there is value in sharing that info with one another. But, how many salespeople sneak into the forums and post only about a product they sell or represent?

Dawn

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor