SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m1chael_lou

Black Widow Influx?

m1chael
11 years ago

Folks-

I have noticed over the last couple months the influx of Black Widow spiders in and around our house. My main question is when to know is it time to call an exterminator or should I try some solutions on my own first?

We are constantly seeing them around our garage doors, cement cracks in the driveway apron, outside window wells (basement windows), etc. We moved a portable basketball court a few weeks ago and it was infested with egg sacs and spiders themselves. We clean it all up and moved the BB court to the back of the yard temporarily. We even believe they contributed to killing a plant in one of our mulch gardens by our garage because when we dug around the dead plant to investigate, we saw similar egg sacs to what was under the BB court.

Any suggestions / feedback on next steps or course of action at this point? I was thinking about mixing up a dose of sevin concentrate in my sprayer and just walking around the house and spraying the entire house...not sure if that will help or not.

Thanks,

Michael

Comments (4)