SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Brrrrr--It Is Really Cold Today

15 years ago

Are y'all freezing? I know that I am, and we're warmer here than most of the rest of the state, so I know some of you must be really, really cold.

At 3:30 a.m. here, it is 20 degrees in Marietta with a wind chill of 8, which is plenty cold. I noticed, though, that it the actual temperature is 8 degrees right now in some parts of OK, and it is 7 degrees at one location in the panhandle. I didn't look at the wind chill numbers for those areas, but bet the wind chill is below zero.

It seems like we are on a real roller coaster of a weather cycle this year.....it gets bitterly cold for a day or two, gradually warms up for 3 or 4 days and then another cold front comes in and takes us back to being bitterly cold again.

If your ground is dry, don't forget to water! Dry roots freeze more rapidly than moist ones and you can lose even cold-hardy plants to a freeze, especially with the type of cold temperatures we're having overnight Saturday into Sunday morning and overnight Sunday night going into Monday morning.

Dawn

Comments (11)