SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiehobo

Summers over.

okiehobo
14 years ago

Well it froze here in eastern pittsburg county last night

so I guess summer is officially over here, what a weird year.

The mesonet station south of McAlester said it got down to 29 last night, and while I don't think it got that low here in Hartshorne it did get low enough to do the deed

but hey' I was ready, we had picked everything yesterday, there wasn't much left just a some green tomatoes, a few zucchini's and some broccoli.

actually the tomatoes have been more productive the last couple of months then they were all summer, the one that done the best was zebra, who would a thunk it LOL.

I guess after thanksgiving I'll get out and pull all the old stalks and clean the place up a little,

looking out across it now with the chill in the air kind of gives you a feeling of melancholy, oh well, I still have three compost piles to keep turned, and there's always something to do around a garden and I'm thankful for it.

I hope everyone has a nice thanksgiving, all my family lives here except one granddaughter who lives in Maryland but she and her family are here on vacation so what more could we ask for, we have a lot to thank God for.

James.

Comment (1)