SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bradleyo_gw

End of season pics ( lots of pics)

bradleyo_gw
10 years ago

Non hardy bananas have been dug, stuff that goes in the house is in the house, garage is cleaned leaves are changing, one car is waxed, and most of my outside chores are done before I start my new job in 9 days. Frost will come soon, forescast shows lows in the low 30's late next week, and I'm ready for spring.

I'm gonna steal my neighbors leaves for protection

No more maurellii's, they're in the garage, waiting to be tucked in for winter.

My new Goshikii

Last days of life

This azalea and another have been blooming all year. It didn't re-bloom last year, in fact it was done blooming by the time I moved in May 1. I did move them last fall, they must like it there.

Most of the veggies are done, I have a few peppers, a wild tomato, celery, carrots, Swiss chard, beets, kale, brussels sprouts and lettuce left. Kale and Swiss chard are real winners, one planting of seed in April has been producing for me all year. I'm killing some grass around the Natchez crape with the lasagna gardening method. I fenced the Natchez and another crape off because my dog decided to make fetch stick out of them last winter so they had to grow back from the ground.

{{gwi:1171457}}

Butia not looking so good heading into winter. I took Dennis's advice and planted it in ground, it probably would have died by now. It pushed out a crappy leaf, but this spear looks solid. I will heat it with mini-lights on a 35/45 Thermocube and pray.

Figs starting to ripen, I've only eaten 2 so far. Bad year after transplanting.

My new Goshikii at the edge of the rock bed, and my tiny little photinia, barely visible toward the bottom left corner. Probably to close to the fig, but I'm anticipating the fig staying shrub-like as I will not protect it.

Don't know what to do with this Acoma, it's growing like ground cover. I need to move it in the spring, and I suspect I'll have to prune aggressively to shape it the way I want. I'll hit y'all up for advice on that one.

Another blue pot, I had it in a pot for a year, so I hope it gained some hardiness, I killed 2 with ease last year.

These didn't grow very quickly in my desert bed, so I potted the up and will keep them it that pot.

Rest of the in house plants

Thanks for looking! Happy Weekend, and Go Steelers! Even though we don't look good at all, it always feels good to beat up on the lousy Ravens!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor