SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Today's Weather: Tornadoes, Hail, Rain, Fire?

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

I finally got around to getting on the computer to check today's weather page and found it to be a typical Oklahoma weather forecast, with a chance of: rain, hail, severe thunderstorms, tornadoes and even an elevated risk of wildfire. It is amazing that we can have so many kinds of weather in one day, but that's pretty typical for us.

In Love County, it is very windy and there's still good moisture in the air, but our chances of getting rain seem to be decreasing as it appears the rain will be veering more towards the northeast.

Northwestern OK has a Red Flag Fire Warning for several counties, and much of the rest of OK may have thunderstorms with possible high wind, hail, or even tornadoes. I believe some counties have high wind warnings too. The frontline will be very fast moving and local weather could change quite suddenly.

The high winds (currently out of the south here) sure are bringing down the autumn leaves today. I'm going back out to the garden shortly, but with one ear on the fire radio. I was hoping for rain today (and planned to dream of rain last night in an effort to 'wishcast' the rain into coming here). Instead, I hardly slept at all because we had 4 fire calls between 5 p.m. last night and 5 a.m. this morning. And I had deer in the veggie garden this morning...trapped INSIDE by the fence meant to keep them out. So, now we have some garden fence repairs to make. It's never dull around here.

As always, I've linked the enhanced weather page. Y'all keep an eye on your local weather....especially if you're in the part of the state with a high risk for severe weather today.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: NWS Enhanced Weather page

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville