SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homegardenpa

What do you do with your super hots?

homegardenpa
11 years ago

I've been growing peppers since I was a little kid, but they were pretty much always run of the mill bell peppers. Then as I got older I started growing the hots, Jalapenos, Anaheims, and Cayennes.

In the past few years I've started growing a few more, Poblanos, Hungarian Hot Wax, and Habaneros.

Usually, I use most of my peppers including the Habaneros to make a blend of hot peppers for my fresh salsa I make every year and it's always been great. I use the Habaneros, but generally only a few per batch so as not to make the salsa inedible to some my family.

This year, a friend of mine heard that I grow hot peppers so he bought a bunch he saw at a local farmers market - One the guys there is apparently a hot pepper aficionado. He bought me a Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion, and another labelled Maruga Scorpion.

I looked these up and these are all way hotter than any I've ever grown... Some of them are supposed to be pretty prolific and productive. It'll be exciting to grow these plants, but I can't imagine any of these will be suitable for salsa... Will they?

I see a lot of people on this forum growing Bhut Jolokias and the like, but what do you do with all of them?

Comments (40)

Sponsored