SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cointx

Newbie - off the deep end!

cointx
10 years ago

Hello everyone. I started "collecting" plumeria in October. Yes, I know that's not the best time of the year to start collecting, but typical of how I do things.

Needless to say I'm all in. I have over 40 rooted cuttings. 38 in 1 gallon black pots and 2 in 3 gallon pots. Yes I have totally lost my mind. I have no place to park 40 potential Volkswagen's!

I do have several questions?

What do those of you who live in the Houston Area plant your plumeria in? I've been using Lady Bug rose mix with added perlite. It seems to be working okay. All the plants were in the house until this spring and were kept on the dry side so I'm not sure how this soil will work outdoors.

What do you use to fertilize your plumeria and how often to you fertilize?

Do you do anything special when you first pot up your rooted cuttings?

Any tips, suggestions and/or information would be appreciated.

I want to say thank you to everyone who posts here. I have been lurking for a while soaking up the information and have learned a lot. This forum is one of the places I go for information. I also come here often to see the beautiful blooms.

I have the following blooming - penchang peach, duke, kauka wilder, grove farm and lucky star (which I rooted from a cutting). I had 3 cuttings and lucky star rooted while the other two didn't. It has multiple inflows and has been blooming like crazy. I got "lucky" on this one :). I know bad pun but I couldn't resist.

Comments (4)