SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
timberohio

The DH thinks I have finally gone off the deep end!

timberohio
15 years ago

Well I would like to Thank all of you for enabling my addiction. The DH on the other hand is cursing all of you. :)

I started with 3 unknown day lilies at the beginning of spring. I now have over 60 named and more on the way that he doesn't know about yet. (I hope to get them planted before he gets home and hopefully he won't notice.) I also purchased seeds from eBay and now on the LA looking...oh ok I admit it, I'm bidding also.

Even though I already had 7 flower beds full of Hosta's, Asiatic Lilies, Irises, and many other plants. He was nice enough to till me up a new bed 4 feet wide and over 50 ft long for all the DL's and my seedling crosses. Now I have to tell him that it is full of DL's and I need another one for all the seeds I have coming and my crosses. Not to mention the 18 oriental lily bulbs I have coming. He is going to send me to a mental hospital when I tell him.

I've told him 4 times this year I was done buying DL's this year that I just wanted to concentrate on crossing what I had. All four times I got on here and someone was talking about how Maryott's was having a BOGO and Homestead had a great sale and White Top on Ebay and Aren't I Pretty Daylilies had a Sale. Not to mention all the others I actually controlled myself from buying from...so far... I have controlled myself. I don't know what I'm going to do this winter. He's going to have to take the computer away.

I started canning to get away from the computer but I find myself taking breaks just to get online and look at DL's and parentage and thinking of possible crosses and what they could result in. If he knew how much I actually thought about DL's he would have had me committed way back in June.

He's on Vacation next week and I don't know how I'm going to hide any DL's that come in then. Please tell me I'm not the only one who tries to hide DL purchases.

Andrea

Comments (11)