SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiehobo

Sweet potato question.

okiehobo
14 years ago

I grew some sweet potatoes for the first time this year, I had a little extra room so I thought I'd give it a try and they really did great, I love trying to grow new things.

I dug them day before yesterday as I was concerned a frost would sneak up on us here.

And when I was cleaning the dirt of off them I noticed that the skins rubbed of easy; (easier then new Irish potatoes) is this normal?

also some of them were over 18" long and tapering from about 4" to 2", (I didn't know they got this long, maybe it was from all the rain) although most where around 2" diameter and about 8" long.

I don't know what the name of this variety is, it was just a last minute decision to plant them and to late to order any so I bought what the grocery store had in stock at the time.

I probably want grow them next year except as a ground cover in flower beds, for we don't eat that many of them.

but it was fun watching them grow and digging them.

Which brings up my nest question, what brand of SP has the light green colored leaves? almost lime colored, that color really sets of the darker greens of other plants.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County