SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahonroy

Flowering hot pepper plants problems...

mahonroy
14 years ago

Hello,

I'm currently growing bhut Jolokia pepeprs, and chocolate habanaro peppers hydroponically/aeroponically.

A little info on the setup, I'm using 250W metal halide bulbs for the veg stages of plant growth, and swapped over to a 2700K bulb for flowering. I'm also using general hydroponics flora series of nutrients for the nutrient solution.

So far the plants have been growing very good, look nice and healthy. I also had them on an 18 hour on, 6 hours off light cycle. Well I noticed little buds/flowers beginning to develop on the plant, so I changed the solution to "transition to flowering/blooming stage" and I changed the light cycle to 12 on 12 off. I did this for a week or so, then have been using the "flowering/blooming and ripening nutrient solution" mixture, with the same 12 on 12 off light cycle.

My problem is that the buds somewhat start to develope (very slowly I might add), and they dry up and fall off, they never turn into flowers.

I was also wondering how these plants started flowering before I "triggered" them to flower (by changing the light cycle).

So basically I'm just confused as to what to do with these plants to progress with them, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored